Now that we have a more clear picture, let's analyze the UFC's plan for 155

XRedStaRx

Genetically superior
@Green
Reaction score
So Khabib is out till November, and the UFC didn't strip him, one of the few champions who would get such a treatment.

Next, the UFC refused a GSP - Khabib matchup in November. Despite it being a huge draw.

Then, we have Max Holloway moving up and fighting for the Interim title against Tony before giving it to Porier.

From that sequence of events, I can conclude one of three things.

1) The UFC is turning down higher payouts from the fighters because of profits, hence GSP and Tony breaking down.

2) The UFC has plans for Khabib. They will strip him of the belt in July, and give the undisputed to Conor and the winner of the interim. If Conor wins, GSP gets the title shot in November. If Conor loses, Khabib comes back and fights the champion. No way they wait 8 more months after the interim fight for an undisputed one.

3) The UFC is sick of GSP fighting for the belt and vacating. They won't wait more than a year for a 155 title fight. Conor refuses to fight for the interim belt, or fight Khabib for the real belt. Tony vs Porier won't sell, so they need at least Max here, and that opens up for an Aldo title fight at 145. Tony wouldn't take it, so they offered Porier the fight. If Max loses, he goes back to 145, and Porier fights Tony/Khabib/Conor for the undisputed.

Since Khabib is sitting pretty for a year and this fight is in practically a month, they are gonna have Conor fight the winner on July or August.

Khabib is saying that Conor doesn't deserve a rematch and that he will fight GSP or the #1 contender (tony) if Conor beats one of the guys he already dominated in the past and gets the interim belt he will become the #1 contender and Khabib will have to accept the rematch.

Conor VS Georges ?

You want Conor to die ?

GSP resigned with a nice long retirement press-conference and I don't believe that was just a negotiating tactic, so as far as I'm thinking, GSP is permanently retired now.

Conor v GSP is probably the biggest money fight the UFC could make with the exception of a Conor V Floyd MMA rules fight.

No doubt Conor would get rekt but it would be bigger than Jesus.

I just want Tony vs Khabib. Anything else is welcome but white noise.

If Cowboy beats Conor, it screws everything up.

GSP was never going to make 155 so a Khabib vs GSP at some ridiculous catch weight would be pointless.

The interim between Max and Poirier is crazy, without Tony it shouldn't be an interim as you don't want Khabib vs Max/ Poirier next.
If Tony vs Conor happens then what next for the winner? Do they jump the queue and it's then yet another pointless interim that means nothing?

Same shit show from the UFC just another year/weight-class.

If Khabib wants to sit out until November strip him and get Tony vs someone for the title and get on with fights in the division.

They should have tried to force Khabib vs Tony as soon as the ban ends.

This will force Khabib to defend before September because the UFC will not have the new interim champ sit more than half a year waiting for his return. I think it’s a strategy to get Khabib to return early or be stripped.

GSP resigned with a nice long retirement press-conference and I don't believe that was just a negotiating tactic, so as far as I'm thinking, GSP is permanently retired now.

It wasn't a negotiation tactic. They couldn't promise him Khabib yet before knowing what happens in the coming 5 months. They will offer him a title fight with Conor if he holds the interim.

GSP is not a part of this weight class nor will he be. He’s retired and Dana is NOT going to call him with some offer he can’t refuse. I love GSP but he’s a monkey wrench the 155 division does not need involved not to mention the reigning 145 champion fighting for an interm 155 title?! That is just so incredibly stupid.

Will watch all of it though.

And the UFC wonders why hardcore fans don't give a fuck about belts anymore, what a shit show.

So Khabib is out till November, and the UFC didn't strip him, one of the few champions who would get such a treatment.

Next, the UFC refused a GSP - Khabib matchup in November. Despite it being a huge draw.

Then, we have Max Holloway moving up and fighting for the Interim title against Tony before giving it to Porier.

From that sequence of events, I can conclude one of three things.

1) The UFC is turning down higher payouts from the fighters because of profits, hence GSP and Tony breaking down.

2) The UFC has plans for Khabib. They will strip him of the belt in July, and give the undisputed to Conor and the winner of the interim. If Conor wins, GSP gets the title shot in November. If Conor loses, Khabib comes back and fights the champion. No way they wait 8 more months after the interim fight for an undisputed one.

3) The UFC is sick of GSP fighting for the belt and vacating. They won't wait more than a year for a 155 title fight. Conor refuses to fight for the interim belt, or fight Khabib for the real belt. Tony vs Porier won't sell, so they need at least Max here, and that opens up for an Aldo title fight at 145. Tony wouldn't take it, so they offered Porier the fight. If Max loses, he goes back to 145, and Porier fights Tony/Khabib/Conor for the undisputed.

Stripping Khabib just wouldnt make sense. Hes undefeated and beat the living life out of Conor in one of the most viewed matches in history. It would just make the UFC look bad to strip a guy who is walking through everyone

As a Conor fan, keep him away from GSP and Khabib please.

Khabib fights the new interim champ then the Conor v Tony/Cerrone(who is Conor fighting again?) winner. Then assuming he wins he retires and the UFC puts Conor against someone else for the belt.

I think they want Conor to fight all the(relevant) guys that beat him for the belt. They get Khabib v Conor at some point and if Khabib's retires afterwards anyway they can put him with Max regardless of the outcome. If Tony beats Conor he's another person on that list.

Dustin, Tony and Al seem like they would be the odd men out if the UFC got their way. Think after losing to Max Dustin will probably rage quit to Bellator. If he beats Max we're back to square one and the UFC has another Conor rematch they can hype. Max can go down and fight whoever has the 145 interim belt in a bs "belt v belt" fight. Khabi

This is my prediction, I think this is awful only reason I'm mentioning Conor so much is cause he probably is the main focus of the UFC's plans at 155.

i'm more curious on what they'll do with the guys who are going to be entering the title picture in the next couple fights.

guys like Iaquinta, Gillespie possibly, even Kevin Lee and Gaethje.

they're not gonna be happy waiting 2 years like Tony is for his title shot.

Why not make tony vs max and pay them well? Dustin has no business in this fight before Tony. Wme era is a mess.

GSP was never going to make 155 so a Khabib vs GSP at some ridiculous catch weight would be pointless.

The interim between Max and Poirier is crazy, without Tony it shouldn't be an interim as you don't want Khabib vs Max/ Poirier next.
If Tony vs Conor happens then what next for the winner? Do they jump the queue and it's then yet another pointless interim that means nothing?

Same shit show from the UFC just another year/weight-class.

If Khabib wants to sit out until November strip him and get Tony vs someone for the title and get on with fights in the division.

They should have tried to force Khabib vs Tony as soon as the ban ends.
Gsp already made a practice cut to 55’.

Look into it-
Kenny Florian

Back