Holloway and Poirer are two straightforward matchups for Khabib.

Deadwing88

Lion of Panjshir.
@Silver
Reaction score
Two strikers, one of which has spent the majority of his career at 145 and has never faced the level of wrestling Khabib brings to the table. The interest around the Ferg matchup, has always been due to the fact that he is comfortable off his back, and has a superb sub game. A tough stylistic matchup..
In regards to Holloway and Poirer however, I just can't see them stopping the TD from Khabib. A lopsided decision or a sub in the later rounds seems the most likely outcome..

A pillow fisted 145 pounder who hasn’t faced a high level wrestler and a 155 pounder that got out wrestled by Eddie Alvarez
What could possibly go wrong.
Poirer is the harder matchup due to his bjj and size though

Yeah imo both get wrecked. Holloway especially as he hasnt the ability of his back. DP might make it to a decision but Holloway gets smeshed and subbed

Two strikers, one of which has spent the majority of his career at 145 and has never faced the level of wrestling Khabib brings to the table. The interest around the Ferg matchup, has always been due to the fact that he is comfortable off his back, and has a superb sub game. A tough stylistic matchup..
In regards to Holloway and Poirer however, I just can't see them stopping the TD from Khabib. A lopsided decision or a sub in the later rounds seems the most likely outcome..
Holloway hasn’t even faced a wrestler at 145, inb4 lamas

It feels to me as if Dana has only made this interim fight as a ‘fuck you’ to Tony for not taking it. I’ve nothing against Holloway or Poirer but making it a fight for the interim title makes the most complicated division even more of a clusterfuck.

Easy money for Khabib.

Yeah pointless match up for an interm title! Good match up tho, should be fireworks!

Tony, Lee and Max are the only contenders at 155.

There's no guarantee either guy even gets the shot against Khabib. The Interim belt is literally only there to sell extra PPV's and make the fight more marketable. The UFC believe that a championship being on the line, even an Interim one, will attract more eyeballs than a simple non-title bout would. There's a hundred reasons between then and November as to why the winner's Interim Title might end up ignored/discarded.

Bermudez isn't a wrestler?

News to me...
He lost. Also Bermudez isn’t a high level MMA wrestler like mendes or Edgar.
The fact is he hasn’t faced nor beat somebody who can put him on his back and beat him up

He lost. Also Bermudez isn’t a high level MMA wrestler like mendes or Edgar.
The fact is he hasn’t faced nor beat somebody who can put him on his back and beat him up
You moved the goal post and its clear you didnt watch the fight. He was damn well robbed iirc, its been a long time since I watched it but still that was my feeling. You said "faced" and not "beat"

And Bermudez is a top wrestler, after those 2 guys, you think Bermudez when it comes to wrestling.

And lol if you think Frankie beats him.

You moved the goal post and its clear you didnt watch the fight. He was damn well robbed iirc, its been a long time since I watched it but still that was my feeling. You said "faced" and not "beat"

And Bermudez is a top wrestler, after those 2 guys, you think Bermudez when it comes to wrestling.

And lol if you think Frankie beats him.
I know he was robbed, it was the fight before McGregor (which he took on short notice)
I believe a win would of got him into the top 15
Frankie probably takes him down
Even Ortega landed a few TDS

Frankie probably takes him down
Even Ortega landed a few TDS
What makes you think that?

You know styles make matchups, Max is so much bigger than Frankie. Itd be a beating. Max has excellent TDD due to his footwork, distance, and the way he likes to feed opponents the TD so he can reverse and take the top.

A pillow fisted 145 pounder who hasn’t faced a high level wrestler and a 155 pounder that got out wrestled by Eddie Alvarez
What could possibly go wrong.
Poirer is the harder matchup due to his bjj and size though
You have to remember Poirer is a former 145'er so its wrong to assume he'd have a size advantage over Max who is a huge 145'er and has trouble making weight. I think 155 lb Max is a whole different beast.

Maybe, u never know. This is mma and both those guys are really good and very well rounded. Anything could happen that's what's great about this sport to me. I think Max has a pretty damn good chance of beating Khabib

There's no guarantee either guy even gets the shot against Khabib. The Interim belt is literally only there to sell extra PPV's and make the fight more marketable. The UFC believe that a championship being on the line, even an Interim one, will attract more eyeballs than a simple non-title bout would. There's a hundred reasons between then and November as to why the winner's Interim Title might end up ignored/discarded.

Name them then. You think Khabib would want to fight Ferguson over the winner of this fight?

Isnt Tony? Dominant wrestlers getting subbed from top position seems, for the most part, a thing of the past.

Name them then. You think Khabib would want to fight Ferguson over the winner of this fight?

-Khabib vs Ferguson is a long time coming
-Khabib vs Conor is a huge fight
-Khabib vs GSP is a huge fight

Those are three reasons right off the bat.

Back