So Tony vs Conor seems pretty logical right now

ElCasca

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
It would have more beef than the Cowboy fight, ranking wise is more appealing as well, and a win for either of them would be a good claim for the Khabib fight in November.

If it's logical, don't expect Them to book it....

If Conor wins I couldnt care less about a Conor vs Khabib rematch.

Id rather Tony get the Khabib fight even if we have to wait until november.

Conor needs a win at this point, and fighting Tony Ferguson is unlikely to result in a Conor win.

Ergo....I doubt that we see Tony vs Conor.

giphy.webp

Imo I like all the fights that are possible in LW... is it in the order I would choice, No... But still gets me buzzing.

Tony/Max/Dustin/Conor/Al/Cowboy

Dam they can all fight each other and I'm happy....

<mma4>

The interim Title winner gets Khabib so this fight doesn’t do much.
Tony should probably just sit or maybe fight AL

If Conor hasn't fell off, which is unlclear at this stage he's a very bad match up for Tony.

Tony is very easy to hit and even though his recovery is incredible his chin is very suspect...

Great fight.

Conor needs a win at this point, and fighting Tony Ferguson is unlikely to result in a Conor win.

Ergo....I doubt that we see Tony vs Conor.

Tony gets dropped by everyone. Tony also doesnt really have great takedowns, he usually gets them in crazy ways.

If sharp Conor shows up this is imo a pretty shitty match-up for Tony.

If Conor hasn't fell off, which is unlclear at this stage he's a very bad match up for Tony.

Tony is very easy to hit and even though his recovery is incredible his chin is very suspect...

Great fight.
But also he has an incredible tiring pace and can pull a sub out of nowhere.

Great fight.
Very easy to hit, never gets ko'd though and always comes back strong to win. Conor gases after the second round so its more a case of whether Conor could weather the late storm. And I want Conor to win.

I hope this is the fight that gets made. I'm gonna love seeing Sherdog's reaction when/if Conor dominates Tony as badly as he did Alvarez and knocks him the f out.

Do you think White is gonna give him red panty night with Conor? The red goof loves Cowboy and he should get that fight. After Tony refused to fight Max it was obvious that Conor won't take Holloway fight, Diaz as well. Dana was forced to give Poirier TS and real options for Tony Ferguson are Al Iaquinta and maybe Nate Diaz.

Tony is a type of guy who refused title fight and now he changed his mind.

But also he has an incredible tiring pace and can pull a sub out of nowhere.
Yep, Tony has his own ways to win, no doubt, it's quite similar to the Diaz fight although I think Nate has a better chin and is a harder to hit, Tony has something Nate doesn't though, he's batshit crazy and is more relentless even when he's taking big shots.

Conor is damaged goods and needs to be rebuilt. No way he fights Tony now.

Very easy to hit, never gets ko'd though and always comes back strong to win. Conor gases after the second round so its more a case of whether Conor could weather the late storm. And I want Conor to win.
Yep, it definitely feels like the type of fight where Conor needs to put him away inside 12-13 minutes.

It seemed pretty logical when tony was the interin champ but Conor shits his pants everytime he hears Tony's name.

Doubt Conor is fighting anybody but his substance abuse right now.

Back