News Alistair Overeem vs Alexander Volkov April 20

Reem should call it a GREAT caree after this win or lose.

Sometimes I'm impressed at how much and how consistently Reem fights compared to some big name fighters.
Then I remember how much he gets paid.

Alistair Overeem vs Alexander Fuckoff

Don't know if the Reem is ready to retire while he's making $850,000 a fight. Exactly what Stipe was upset about. Shit Mark Hunt was making a disclosed $750,000 by the time he retired. Stipe really was disrespected.

Back to Reem, I have him winning by KO. Volokov is solid but he isn't great. His chin is straight up in the air a lot.

interesting fight.

alistair is coming up for 39 years old with 62 mma fights and 14 kickboxing fights.

its amazing how he can still compete at the highest level.

seems like a good dude as well. yes he was juiced to the gills, but so is everybody. ubereem phase was my favourite

Diaz bros really have fallen off.

a 4/20 card a no mention of them yet.

jesus just look who alistairs has fought:
blaydes
ngannou
werdum (x3)
hunt (x2)
miocic
arlovski
JDS
nelson
struve
rothwell
mir
browne
silva
lesnar
duffee
rogers
fujita
cro cop
kharitanov
shogun
liddell
arona
belfort
vovchanchyn
little nog

he's basically fought anyone who's anyone at HW, except fedor who ducked him and cain.

Don't know if the Reem is ready to retire while he's making $850,000 a fight. Exactly what Stipe was upset about. Shit Mark Hunt was making a disclosed $750,000 by the time he retired. Stipe really was disrespected.

Back to Reem, I have him winning by KO. Volokov is solid but he isn't great. His chin is straight up in the air a lot.

Yep. Why not just keep fighting with that kind of money? He can invest in houses/alartments after each fight and build up a tasty real estate empire

Yep. Why not just keep fighting with that kind of money? He can invest in houses/alartments after each fight and build up a tasty real estate empire

the brain damage would be one reason. but i assume he's getting scans regularly since he seems like a smart guy

Correct me if I'm wrong but last week UFC still was without TV deal in Russia (Russian commentators mentioned it on Bellator broadcast). And they are holding event in Russia.

If Volkov gets taken down it’s over for him.I worry about Reem eating shots from Volkov.Cause he does know how to use his reach.

If Volkov gets taken down it’s over for him

Howcome it would be "over for him" if he completely neutralised Werdum on the ground? He has good guard and is very durable. Granted Overeem has good GnP, he's probably better than Werdum in that particular aspect but Volkov's defence is solid. If they go to the ground it shouldn't be a missmatch, at least on paper.

If Volkov gets taken down it’s over for him.I worry about Reem eating shots from Volkov.Cause he does know how to use his reach.

Volkov survived with Werdum on the ground, why can't he with Reem?

Yes, Volkov understands timing and distance and can KO Reem just like he did Werdum

Back