Who Is the Better Pure Wrestler?

YOLOGOGOPLATA

4x Champ Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I'm up late, smoking wax, watching fight pass, forgive me if I'm being obnoxious.

Who is the better wrestler between Ben Askren (2x Hodge Trophy winner, 2x NCAA champ, 1x Olympian) and Daniel Cormier (lost to Cael Sanderson in NCAA finals, 2x olympic wrestler - team captain in 08' when he had health issues I believe)

Who is the better wrestler p4p? I think Askren, but neither man is to be trifled with. One thing these killers have in common is their friendly demeanor and dad bods.

We can throw Cejudo and Romero in there too, but as olympic medalists (Cejudo w/gold - Romero/silver) they are clearly the best wrestlers in UFC.

Last edited:
The best wrestler is the guy with zero wrestling background...

GSP.

Screw those other guys. I made my own pick.

CM Punk is the better "pure wrestler" because he did wrestling on a professional level. These other noobs such as DC and Askren were only amateurs. It's like being an amateur in boxing, it don't mean shit. Ben Askren is probably the worst wrestler the UFC has ever seen.

CM Punk is the better "pure wrestler" because he did wrestling on a professional level. These other noobs such as DC and Askren were only amateurs. It's like being an amateur in boxing, it don't mean shit. Ben Askren is probably the worst wrestler the UFC has ever seen.
I mean...there is a strangely relevant logic in this post

No idea, but my bias says DC

Brock Lesnar was and is also a professional wrestler, as well as winning the UFC HW title.

Jones
GSP
Khabib

Best wrestlers in mma and nowhere near as credentialed as the guys you mentioned

So Brock is the best pure wrestler ever. I like this logic

Jones
GSP
Khabib

Best wrestlers in mma and nowhere near as credentialed as the guys you mentioned
he said PURE wresslers , though. Those 3 would suck in a olympic pure wresslin match... hell even a ncaa college match.. they would get tossed around.

Romero, Askren and Cejudo are proly the best ufc pure wresslers.

Askren easily has the better wrestling credentials. Yoel has the best wrestling credentials in mma, silver medal and several other accomplishments in Yoel's weight class >>> Cejudo's gold medal in a shallow manlet weight class

he said PURE wresslers , though. Those 3 would suck in a olympic pure wresslin match... hell even a ncaa college match.. they would get tossed around.

Romero, Askren and Cejudo are proly the best ufc pure wresslers.

True that

MMA wrestling isn't college wrestling. It's not just takedowns and takedown defense.

Cejudo or Askren imo. DC and Romero are up there.

Back