Jones and Woodley are the only champs doing their damm job

ferrisjso

"Melodramatic" Historian
@Gold
Reaction score
Jones and Woodley are the only champ doing their jobs now. Fans are harassing Jones to move up too.

125-Henry's going up to fight TJ
135-TJ went down to fight Henry and is fighting Henry again
145-Holloway is going up to fight Dustin
155-no comment
170-Woodley's fighting Usman. Good for him.
185-no comment
205-Jones fighting Smith. Good for him.
265-DC's about to retire and is kind of doing his job but he bailed on LHW to go to HW.

Cejudo talking about saving 125 but he's about to run away to become "champ champ" at 135 fucking LOL

Jones and Woodley are the only champ doing their jobs now. Fans are harassing Jones to move up too.

155-no comment
185-no comment
265-DC's about to retire and is kind of doing his job but he bailed on LHW to go to HW.

You forgot wmma

155-no comment
185-no comment
Please, by the grace of God don't let this be the case.

Dang, not a single Brazilian champ.

I agree with most of this but none is this is Henry’s fault. 125 is done.

You make a great point, but I just want to point out....

Most people are calling woodley/usman borring and uninteresting as far as a potential match up goes. also public opinion is that jones/smith is a squash match.

So while they are both champions fighting the rightful contenders in their divisions, The match ups aren't exactly "thrilling" in the eyes of the average fight fan.

I'm not saying that I'm unhappy with those match ups, (I will say that I'd prefer colby to usman) but i think it's worth pointing out.

If you ask who has been a dominant champ the last few years, in any weight class, it is hard to even get one answer that is 100%. MM is maybe the last correct answer. Not DC, or Bones, or Woodley. DC lost to Jones, and has only 2 title bouts at heavyweight. Jones is out every 2 years for drugs, and Woodley has had a couple draws in his champ fights.

Lol Mighty Mouse "did his job" for like 7 years. Look where it got him.

To be fair, Jones just came off suspension for steroids and has only had one fight since then.
Btw jones fights.
2013- 1
2014-1
2015-1 stripped of title for conduct
2016-1 stripped of title testing positive
2017-1 stripped of title testing positive
2018-1
Let’s see how the rest of the year goes before we claim he’s “doing his job”

Good for woodley. Let’s hope he keeps it up.

You make a great point, but I just want to point out....

Most people are calling woodley/usman borring and uninteresting as far as a potential match up goes. also public opinion is that jones/smith is a squash match.

So while they are both champions fighting the rightful contenders in their divisions, The match ups aren't exactly "thrilling" in the eyes of the average fight fan.

I'm not saying that I'm unhappy with those match ups, (I will say that I'd prefer colby to usman) but i think it's worth pointing out.

The average fight fan ain't entitled to a special fight each and every time. Also Woodley v Usman seems like a really competitive matchup. You really get the sense a large part of the casual MMA community really just wants to watch kickboxing.

Woodley is the no strings attached P4P #1

- finishes fights, won the belt via finish
- has never failed a drug test
- has never got into any drama outside of the octagon (showed restraint against a little FW running his mouth)
- defends his belt
- amazing analyst, true understanding of the sport
- class act - gave back the percentage Gastelum owed him for missing weight
- Destroyed Gastelum who could potentially be the MW champion this year, a full weight class above him

Can go on and on

I’ll give you Woodley but Jones gets little credit when he’s constantly side lined himself for the past 3 years

Woodley truly doesn’t get enough credit for this though

It also makes no sense to bitch about DC. He vacated one title and defended the other. Nothing wrong there

155-no comment
185-no comment
265-DC's about to retire and is kind of the GOAT but he upgraded* on LHW to go to HW.
Fixed

Back