Just when you think the UFC cant get worse

Rizzo

Brown Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
We get Holloway vs Poirier. Yet another worthless "interim title" and not only that but they have now stooped to an all-time low and putting TWO "interim titles" on the same card.

I am all for Holloway moving up and challenging for the LW title as Featherweight needs to iron out some contenders currently but a champ moving up to fight for a fake belt is maybe the most laughable thing the WWE...I mean UFC has done. I know they desperately want to turn this fighting thing into entertainment rather than a real sport but this is ridiculous.

Stop the interim madness! Strip the champ if he is inactive too long or just wait until they come back, creating interim titles when a champ is out four 6-8 weeks is pathetic and dilutes what that championship belt is supposed to mean.

I never thought this day would come but I will be very happy when WME runs this hack of an organization into the ground and Bellator becomes the big show.

-In before someone says don't watch

Strip Max ASAP!!!!!!!

Aldo vs Volk for FW title

Shits just dumb now.

Khabib hasn't even been out a fucking year lmao.

Strip Max ASAP!!!!!!!

Aldo vs Volk for FW title
Fuck that. I'd rather see Edgar vs Max.

I fucking HATE this poirier vs holloway rematch. This match up is such nonsense. if you're going to be a champ-champ may as well be an actual champ-champ not a champ half champ.

What's the fucking point? So holloway can be the first ever UFC champion with an interim belt in another division?

So they offered Tony a fight vs Max??
Tony vs Dustin. 2 rightful contenders at 155. Now they fuck up the top of the division even more by bringing in Max, and if he wins they have fucked up 145 aswell.
Dana is a fucking bitch

I’m actually happy Tony didn’t take that fight. He deserves nothing less than a shot for the actual belt; fuck this interim bullshit especially since they don’t mean shit these days anyway.

Fuck that. I'd rather see Edgar vs Max.

I fucking HATE this poirier vs holloway rematch. This match up is such nonsense. if you're going to be a champ-champ may as well be an actual champ-champ not a champ half champ.

What's the fucking point? So holloway can be the first ever UFC champion with an interim belt in another division?
Max vs Edgar? When? Next year?

Shits just dumb now.

So wait what is it? Bisping or Conor sit out and it's time to strip them but Khabib wants to sit out over a year and it's fine?

Both he and Whittaker will have gone over a year without defending their titles.

If you drama Queens would stop crying about what's fair like 12 year old girls you'd see these are two good ass fights.

Last edited:
Stop the interim madness! Strip the champ if he is inactive too long or just wait until they come back, creating interim titles when a champ is out four 6-8 weeks is pathetic and dilutes what that championship belt is supposed to mean.

It's khabib's fault. he got himself suspended for 9 months in a division that is backed up with 3 people who can reasonably call themselves contenders.

lmao biggest paper belt ever...

And i can almost GUARANTEE you that someone is pulling out ROFL...

Last edited:
Max vs Edgar? When? Next year?
UFC 236 seems like a good time. Oh wait, instead they want to make an interim title fight in an already log jammed division with a fighter who is not even from that division. This can only fuck things up further for both FW and LW.

And interim title is fine right now for LW. It needs it, but it shouldn't involve max.

I have no problem with max being champ champ. He deserves that opportunity, but it should be against the khabib/ interim title winner. If max wins this fight (I expect him to) He will be holding up both divisions which is maybe acceptable for FW, but it is the absolute LAST thing LW needs.

UFC 236 seems like a good time. Oh wait, instead they want to make an interim title fight in an already log jammed division with a fighter who is not even from that division. This can only fuck things up further for both FW and LW.

And interim title is fine right now for LW. It needs it, but it shouldn't involve max.

I have no problem with max being champ champ. He deserves that opportunity, but it should be against the khabib/ interim title winner. If max wins this fight (I expect him to) He will be holding up both divisions which is maybe acceptable for FW, but it is the absolute LAST thing LW needs.

Max got pulled from 2 of his last 3 fights because of weight cutting issues. Maybe he drops the fw belt if he moves up?

Yes.
But, Max is gone to 155.

So whats next? Strip him.

Max got pulled from 2 of his last 3 fights because of weight cutting issues. Maybe he drops the fw belt if he moves up?

One can Hope that is the case. I wanna mention though, that your assessment on maxs fight pull outs are not completely accurate or at the very least they aren't "fair" max tried to save a card but couldn't he didn't have enough time to cut the weight and while it is somewhat his fault for taking the fight at least he tried to save the card, I respect him for that. The other time he had a concussion of sorts and seemed like a complete mashed potato on sports center. Scary stuff.
Yes.
But, Max is gone to 155.

So whats next? Strip him.
I hate the Idea of stripping Max's FW Title. IMO he is the greatest FW fight ever and should continue to defend that belt atleast a few more times. I'd hate to strip him of the legit FW title in favour of him being an Interim LW champion.

I honestly wish they'd give the interim LW title fight to Jose. He wanted a title fight to retire on, he talked about moving up alot, he looked great in his recent performances and it would be a great fight to add to his already incredible legacy and it doesn't fuck up the FW division. and if he wins, we might even get khabib vs aldo which could be a great stylistic fight with aldos god tier TDD

Shits just dumb now.

Considering he's stated he's sitting out until November I don't have any problem with an interim title prior to the conclusion of Khabib's suspension, in fact the second after Khabib's suspension ends and he's not willing to fight because he's chosen a self-imposed exile they should strip him and elevate the winner of Max Dustin to the real belt.

Considering he's stated he's sitting out until November I don't have any problem with an interim title prior to the conclusion of Khabib's suspension, in fact the second after Khabib's suspension ends and he's not willing to fight because he's chosen a self-imposed exile they should strip him and elevate the winner of Max Dustin to the real belt.
I'd prefer they just strip him right now tbh.

I’m actually happy Tony didn’t take that fight. He deserves nothing less than a shot for the actual belt; fuck this interim bullshit especially since they don’t mean shit these days anyway.
He’s the true 155 champ

One can Hope that is the case. I wanna mention though, that your assessment on maxs fight pull outs are not completely accurate or at the very least they aren't "fair" max tried to save a card but couldn't he didn't have enough time to cut the weight and while it is somewhat his fault for taking the fight at least he tried to save the card, I respect him for that. The other time he had a concussion of sorts and seemed like a complete mashed potato on sports center. Scary stuff.

I hate the Idea of stripping Max's FW Title. IMO he is the greatest FW fight ever and should continue to defend that belt atleast a few more times. I'd hate to strip him of the legit FW title in favour of him being an Interim LW champion.

I honestly wish they'd give the interim LW title fight to Jose. He wanted a title fight to retire on, he talked about moving up alot, he looked great in his recent performances and it would be a great fight to add to his already incredible legacy and it doesn't fuck up the FW division. and if he wins, we might even get khabib vs aldo which could be a great stylistic fight with aldos god tier TDD

Why would they give a title fight to a guy who's retiring in 6 months? Also Aldo likely won't be ready to fight by April.

Also Max is absolutely huge for the fw division. Hes going to move up to lw and probably within the next 12 to 18 months.

Personally I would of rather seen Tony vs Poirier and had Max stay at fw for 2 to 3 more fights but people get do, so caught up in the belts irlts ridiculous. Both of these fights should be extremely exciting and feature elite fighters. That's good enough for me

Back