Holloway cutting 10 less pounds

Portland8242

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
He'll have better cardio and a better chin. He's already god-tier in both these attributes.

Wow. I'm really sad that Tony isn't in this picture but Holloway at 155 is gonna be a monster.

Hard to tell, really. The size has served him well at 145.

Better power too, don't forget power.

Edit: fuck

He gets into the 180s walk around weight. If he had only 10 pounds to make 155 he wouldn't have been pulled from the Khabib fight when Tony fell out. He had a few days to lose 30 pounds and couldn't do it.

dustin poirier beat holloway in his ufc debut lol holloway is about to get sweeeeeeeeet revenge

But Max won’t have size advantage like at FW.

If someone will do it, it's Poirier. Poirier really evolved a ton after moving to LW. His defence, the way he can pick his shots, his cardio. I don't believe chin will be the issue here since Holloway doesn't have one punch KO ability and LW Porier has a decent chin and recovery.

He gets into the 180s walk around weight. If he had only 10 pounds to make 155 he wouldn't have been pulled from the Khabib fight when Tony fell out. He had a few days to lose 30 pounds and couldn't do it.
...Bro

He probably cut like 20-25 lbs for FW.

Freaking LW Max will probably do the same so he will be bigger thing is he has a higher base for the scale of 155 so that means a smaller % cut overall so he should feel 'better'.

Dude has a long frame but he is skinny as heck, not the best reach and he probably isn't the strongest he is a volume guy.. cardio/pace in his favor.

He probably cut like 20-25 lbs for FW.

Freaking LW Max will probably do the same so he will be bigger thing is he has a higher base for the scale of 155 so that means a smaller % cut overall so he should feel 'better'.

Dude has a long frame but he is skinny as heck, not the best reach and he probably isn't the strongest he is a volume guy.. cardio/pace in his favor.
Max is way bigger than that, he couldn't even make 155 in a week. He probably cut over 30 lbs to make FW

It's give and take. He's also going to give up his size and strength advantage he enjoyed. Him shucking off Brian might not translate to him shucking off a bigger and more aggressive fighter

Max is way bigger than that, he couldn't even make 155 in a week. He probably cut over 30 lbs to make FW

I don't know 30 seems a lot for a 145'er I don't think he can get it all back in 30 hours or so until the fight time.

But him being 165~170 on fight night wouldn't shock me one bit.

It's give and take. He's also going to give up his size and strength advantage he enjoyed. Him shucking off Brian might not translate to him shucking off a bigger and more aggressive fighter

Brian doesn't seem like a weak and small fighter at all, I think it was a fair game in terms of size and strength in that matchup.

Brian doesn't seem like a weak and small fighter at all, I think it was a fair game in terms of size and strength in that matchup.
He does when you compare him to your Khabibs

He does when you compare him to your Khabibs

If Max and Bryan move up to LW they will also be bigger and they are already big ass FWs so they will somewhat mitigate that difference.

Plus I never saw Khabib like this super heavy monster.. a guy like Kevin Lee fits that bill much better.

Hard to tell, really. The size has served him well at 145.

If Max and Bryan move up to LW they will also be bigger and they are already big ass FWs so they will somewhat mitigate that difference.

Plus I never saw Khabib like this super heavy monster.. a guy like Kevin Lee fits that bill much better.

But it is like this guy said. Holloway and Ortega (for example) are lightweights fighting at featherweight. They are young and able to make the cut for now, but that will change in the future. They will not be small at lightweight.

It’s really hard to predict this stuff. But in general it should probably be good for Max. Afterall he’s not going to be trying to gain weight to move up. He’ll just be cutting much less weight.

Atm I’m picking Max to win. But that is subject to change depending what I see during fight week.

I don't know 30 seems a lot for a 145'er I don't think he can get it all back in 30 hours or so until the fight time.

But him being 165~170 on fight night wouldn't shock me one bit.
There's no way max is 165 lbs on fight night. his walk around weight is around 180lbs, so I assume he's probably around 170 or even 175 on fight night.

Back