The Interim / Title Contender Factory that is the 155 LB division

Zabit 145 Goat

Who iz nyext?
Banned
Reaction score
Other than Tony not getting a TS which he obviously deserves more than anyone right now, and other than Tony vs Khabib not happening once again because that's the fucking fight to show us who the best LW on the planet is .....

What really is fucked up about this Dustin - Max fight is that its not even that great of a fight. Dont get me wrong, im gonna watch it and its a good fight but damn if you're gonna fuck up one division and make another more fucked up than it is at least give us a super fight or some shit.

Now you have 145 fucked up and 155 maybe as fucked up as a division has ever been

Tony - Former Interim Champ. 4 fights vs the current champ fell through

Max - Had health problems which forced him to pull out of a fight with Khabib also

Dustin - Who beat Max a long ass time ago at 145 and who was probably next in line after Tony

Pink Goofs gonna start introducing Tiers to these damn Interim belts.

Complete circus

Factory fuckery.

clown-dana.jpg

When Khabib beats Conor everything will go back to normal
Who remembers that one?

<DirkMavs>

lol Al's just getting left in the dust here.. i hope he gets the fight against tony.

This is what happens when you model your business strategy on the WWE.

You get the WWE. Except they actually know how to build up new stars.

Interim titles are entirely about the UFC being able to advertise fights on PPV cards as being for championships. That's it. UFC continues watering down the value of the championship for their shitty 100-200K PPVs.

Last edited:
Imagine Zabit finishes Stephens, Volkanovski finishes Aldo, & say...Bektic beats Edgar.

All 3 guys would be worthy of a title fight vs Max and that division will be as clogged as 155.

I wish a couple guys from each division would just fight out there contracts and bounce to Bellator.

I’m really curious what UFC is doing with the LW division. Okay, apparently Khabib really wanted GSP at catchweight which had nothing to do with LW division and probably that’s why UFC denied this fight (if Khabib vs GSP fight took place it would mess up LW division even more). UFC prob made ultimatum to Khabib, who has one more fight under current agreement, that he has to fight whoever they tell him - and it must be Ferguson. At the same time, UFC needs to make money of Conor so they are probably building up Conor’s come back to make the biggest fight of the history - rematch with Khabib. So, what we have: Conor will KO Cerrone; then he’ll fight a winner of Max vs Dustin and will get a W there as well. Around the same time, Khabib will beat Tony and there ya go - there is a perfect opportunity for the biggest fight of the MMA history.

KHABIB vs MCGREGOR 2

Imagine Zabit finishes Stephens, Volkanovski finishes Aldo, & say...Bektic beats Edgar.

All 3 guys would be worthy of a title fight vs Max and that division will be as clogged as 155.

I wish a couple guys from each division would just fight out there contracts and bounce to Bellator.

I don't think Bektic beating Edgar alone gives him a TS, but I get your point. It fucking sucks man. Just when I thought how nice it was to have that stacked ass 145 division and the champ is consistently defending, then, boom!

What sucks about this even more is that Max is not fighting for a Title, but for an Interim Title. WTF. So he's gonna chill out until he can fight Khabib?

I don't think Bektic beating Edgar alone gives him a TS, but I get your point. It fucking sucks man. Just when I thought how nice it was to have that stacked ass 145 division and the champ is consistently defending, then, boom!

What sucks about this even more is that Max is not fighting for a Title, but for an Interim Title. WTF. So he's gonna chill out until he can fight Khabib?
Since when is beating Frankie Edgar not enough to earn a title shot? Maybe not enough in the division given the circumstances, but Frankie has only lost in title fights or to Ortega which earned him a shot at Max.

Since when is beating Frankie Edgar not enough to earn a title shot? Maybe not enough in the division given the circumstances, but Frankie has only lost in title fights or to Ortega which earned him a shot at Max.

I dont mean it as a slight towards Frankie but given the circumstances I don't think its enough.

I think if Volkanwski beats Also he's next

if Zabit beats Stephens he'd have to fight one more guy , in the top 5 for sure maybe Ortega and then Zabit would be next.
Bektic doesnt even has a fight booked right now and if he beat Frankie I think he'd need one more fight.

What the fuck do I know though u may get right. Let's hope Max actually comes back to defend.

Or create a 165 division so some of the guys at 145 move to 155 and the 155 guys move to 165.

I could be wrong, but if Conor was fighting anyone but Khabib it would be for the interim title. Not Max vs Dustin.

Conor is the only contender and will be the only one to get the title fight. All this is bullshit to confuse the audience into thinking other wise

Back