The Best Fighter in MMA History Whom Was Never Champion

Glove

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
There have been many fighters in the 26 year history of Mixed Martial Arts that have had successful careers but yet never have been crowned champion. Which fighter, from any organization in the world, would you regard as being the best fighter to never achieve the championship belt. You can list one, or as many as you wish.

No gold at all? like none in any big org? No Pride, WEC, SF, EliteXC, obv UFC and Bellator? no belt at all?

Nate Diaz

The fact you correctly used "whom" in the title makes your thread a win

Hendo probably if we're just counting just UFC belts. A lot of also rans.

If we're counting everything, I'd say Joe B and Gus are the main supergatekeepers in MMA history who never won belts in other promotions.

Tony won a UFC belt guys.

Probably not the best compared to some other guys, but I'd give a shoutout for Demian Maia

Jon Fitch was a monster in the UFC. Romero should be the correct answer.

UFC Japan aside, Saku was too busy becoming the GOAT to worry about championship belts.

aayy9u.jpg

Lil Nog also deserves a mention.

I liked Melvin Guillard for a while and though he was pretty talented, but never landed a title shot in the UFC and declined pretty fast.

Yoel Romero, Jon Fitch, Joseph Benavidez, Cowboy Cerrone, Demian Maia

Will throw Jim Miller as an HM for having an incredibly long, successful UFC career and never even getting a title shot

Last edited:
Back