Do you miss Broke Conor?

brawlnsprawl

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Broke Conor McGregor was an interesting prospect that was willing to take on all challenges. His trash talk was witty and didn’t rely on bragging about how much money he made or what he bought. Broke Conor was entertaining and willing to take risks, that’s what brought so many to become interested in his fights. So in comparison to the rhetoric we get today from him, do you miss Broke Conor?

What do you mean, Khabib broke him and he's still broken...

I know what you meant and god damn i do. Hes changed so much. I really dont think he would be a quitter the way he is if he didnt hit the fuckign jackpot. He seems like a totally different dude.

the fucking guy that fought Brimmage is NOT the same guy that fought khabib. Even his fans have to admit that.

What do you mean, Khabib broke him and he's still broken...
Jesus Christ you won sherdog today
giphy.gif

Jesus-Christ-smile.jpg

Somewhere along the way he lost his funny, his Midas touch.

Maybe that's what happens when you get to the point where you have everything youve ever wanted. There's no longer the same drive, the same hunger, the same focus it takes to be that man on a mission.

He stayed true to himself with true self belief all the way to the top. Then once he got there, he let it all go to his head. The money, power, alcohol and coke. Dude's fried himself pretty good while at the top.

He was in top form climbing that mountain, reached the peak, and now he has begun his rough descent down. It won't be anywhere near as pretty as the climb up. Appreciate Conor for what he was, because that brash, quick witted hungry young kid he was will never be seen or heard from again.

Broke Conor got rkt by lesser fighters than Khabib... tbh. He was going to hit a wall regardless.

Broke Conor McGregor was an interesting prospect that was willing to take on all challenges. His trash talk was witty and didn’t rely on bragging about how much money he made or what he bought. Broke Conor was entertaining and willing to take risks, that’s what brought so many to become interested in his fights. So in comparison to the rhetoric we get today from him, do you miss Broke Conor?

He was awesome until Floyd.

Especially awesome up until he beat Jose.

Wasn't always a hater

For sure. Was never a real fan but I respected him for the reasons in your post. Actually sad what money made out of him.

I remember his first fight with Brimage and didnt think much. I started paying attention after the Siver fight. His ascension during that time was pretty entertaining.

Honest, humble Conor is a cool guy who had interesting things to say.

I remember his first fight with Brimage and didnt think much. I started paying attention after the Siver fight. His ascension during that time was pretty entertaining.

You didn't think much after the Brimage fight? I saw that shit and was like :eek:

Became a huge fan after that. His movements were just so unique. And then when I heard his interviews I knew he was different.

Broke Conor was a mistifying and admirable human being. The aura that he gave off was infectious. No homo, he was amazing. He was so determined, and inspiring, and unique. He just seems like such a far cry from what he once was. So yes, definitely miss that Conor. I was never one to be inspired by people that I don’t know, but I couldn’t help it with broke Conor. He truly was one of a kind. I don’t know what it takes for someone to break through as a star, but broke Conor had it. His ascension up the UFC ranks was unparalleled, it was an era like no other in mma.

Back