What will Nick and Nate Diaz's legacies be?

People will hate but Nates will be showing Conor wasn't that special and Nick put on some of the greatest fights of all time. Daley and Gomi are classics that I think I have watched over 10 times each.

Tough as stoned brothers that speak some weird language

Nicholas is an instagram model
<209Bitch>
Nathan 209 rebwesent thzs’whassuup

<{natewhut}>

Both diaz bros’ fights will never be forgotten though. And their unique characteristics made them even more fun to watch.

They will be forgotten about unfortunately.

"I'm not surprised motherfuckers"

and

"Don't be scared homie"

Respectively.

Nate's will be his win over Conor. Nick's will be having his 4 year weed suspension overturned.

Entertaining fighters who didn’t entertain us nearly often enough.

A bloody Nate flexing in the camera after taking away Conor's aura.

Nick laying the fuck down in front of Anderson Silva in the cage.

The Diaz bros. are kind of an anomaly in that they sort of already have their legacies intact.
They're exponentially more popular than most fighters, they have a ton of name recognition, and they are very, very good fighters.

But at this point, they'll be remembered for what seems like doing everything in their power to undo said legacies.
Look at Nate. Not even three years ago, he legitimately became one of the biggest names in the sport overnight and in the time since it feels like he has purposely made a misstep at every fucking turn to the point that now he's back to being a footnote, for apparently no other reason than just cuz.

And the weirdest part is, if you look at peoples everyday interactions with the Diaz', say on Instagram or whatever, they legit seem like super nice and normal dudes, but as soon as they have to do any press or any sort of official function they can't seem to turn off the dude bro me against the world tough guy schtick.... It's really weird.

Nate? The dude who choked out Conor and handed him his first UFC loss.

Nick? A badass pioneer, and someone whose accomplishments will be forgotten in years to come due to how shitty he managed the end of his MMA career. And the fact he never really beat many top WWs. He'll be better remembered for his early career upsets (IE, Gomi and Lawler).

Exciting mouthpiece potheads who underachieved.

50 years of fighting combined.

No relevant belt or world title ever won.

Do the math.

Back