Any Chance Of Fight Night Weigh Ins

msm1981

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Any chance UFC will do fight night weigh ins to see what people really weigh on
fight night that is not California.The reason I ask is Invicta which is the developmental
& career rehab promotion for Women's MMA does them and what the commissions
have found in the 14 months that they have taken place is fighters have gained
back anywhere between 1-3 weight classes in about 30 or so hours leaving said
commission that has jurisdiction saying what the hell.

Anything WMMA related doesn't directly cross over to any other sport or organization.

The reason is they have water retention caused by periods and mood disorders woman typically have

Any chance UFC will do fight night weigh ins to see what people really weigh on
fight night that is not California.The reason I ask is Invicta which is the developmental
& career rehab promotion for Women's MMA does them and what the commissions
have found in the 14 months that they have taken place is fighters have gained
back anywhere between 1-3 weight classes in about 30 or so hours leaving said
commission that has jurisdiction saying what the hell.
That wouldn't let the fighters recover from the cut, re hydrate, take in needed calories. Too dangerous because guys would still be trying to fight at the lowest possible weight.

That wouldn't let the fighters recover from the cut, re hydrate, take in needed calories. Too dangerous because guys would still be trying to fight at the lowest possible weight.

What I wasn't clear which I should have been is eating & rehydrating properly would be allowed
but the only change would be is about 1 hour prior to the first fight of the night have the fighters
do a weigh in wearing fight gear,full of food,fully rehydrated and use that info to possibly get
fighters in correct weight classes,help the nutritionist & conditioning coaches optimize performance,
etc.

Back