What happens if Cyborg takes down Nunes

Druken_Vovchanchyn

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
IMO Cyborg slept on how much of a beast Nunes is. I dont know that she could beat nunes either way in a reamatch.. But what happens if Cyborg can take her down? Nunes was able to get broken on the ground by cat, but cardio had a lot to do with that. She has shown improved cardio since that fight so i dont think she would gas as easily, but that was a 3 round fight. Cyborg is actually a good grappler and pretty strong. Mesha tate made a good point, she never faced anyone good enough to make her need a game plan. My question is... Do you think with an actual game plan based on take downs and GNP, she can get the win back from Nunes? its pretty clear that Nunes is too fast and powerful for her to stand with. What do you guys think?

If Cyborg gets any female down it's over IMO. IF....

She doesn't. Nunes is naturally the overall better fighter and will be closing the fight sooner than the first

IMO Cyborg slept on how much of a beast Nunes is. I dont know that she could beat nunes either way in a reamatch.. But what happens if Cyborg can take her down? Nunes was able to get broken on the ground by cat, but cardio had a lot to do with that. She has shown improved cardio since that fight so i dont think she would gas as easily, but that was a 3 round fight. Cyborg is actually a good grappler and pretty strong. Mesha tate made a good point, she never faced anyone good enough to make her need a game plan. My question is... Do you think with an actual game plan based on take downs and GNP, she can get the win back from Nunes? its pretty clear that Nunes is too fast and powerful for her to stand with. What do you guys think?
I don't think it's clear that Nunes is too fast and powerful with Cyborg to stand with. She went in reckless, got caught, didn't regroup and kept trying to come forward swinging wildly while Nunes was controlled and accurate with her strikes, probably because she hadn't just been clipped like Cyborg was.. Instead of being patient, setting up shots, using a jab.

That said, I wasn't surprised by the outcome of that fight, hell it was the only way I gave Nunes a chance at winning because over the course of 5 rounds I think Cyborg would've shown her skill, especially if she had fought like she did in the Holm fight.

If you only saw Louis/Schmeling 2 you would've never expected that what happened the first fight was possible, now would you?

And if Cyborg wrestlefucked her she'd be out of a job as they'd probably drop the division right there

I don't think it's clear that Nunes is too fast and powerful with Cyborg to stand with. She went in reckless, got caught, didn't regroup and kept trying to come forward swinging wildly while Nunes was controlled and accurate with her strikes, probably because she hadn't just been clipped like Cyborg was.. Instead of being patient, setting up shots, using a jab.

That said, I wasn't surprised by the outcome of that fight, hell it was the only way I gave Nunes a chance at winning because over the course of 5 rounds I think Cyborg would've shown her skill, especially if she had fought like she did in the Holm fight.

If you only saw Louis/Schmeling 2 you would've never expected that what happened the first fight was possible, now would you?

And if Cyborg wrestlefucked her she'd be out of a job as they'd probably drop the division right there

good point. Even her olympic boxing training partner was asking her WHAT THE FUCK WAS SHE DOING. I guess sticking to ANY game plan is a good idea lol

What cyborg needs to do is keep her hands low, chin out and swing wildly at nunes..oh wait

good point. Even her olympic boxing training partner was asking her WHAT THE FUCK WAS SHE DOING. I guess sticking to ANY game plan is a good idea lol
I mean it's not an excuse though, great fighters can deal with getting hit. It may not be in her makeup as a fighter to be able to regroup after taking shots like that. So all credit to Nunes

This fight already happened and Guyborg got KTFO

that is what i think

Didnt they fight already?

Did you watch Holly control Cyborg in the clinch? Even Kunitskaya was able to take her down. She's not actually that good at wrestling.

IF Cyborg can get her down then yes I think she can take it.....but I don't think thats going to happen. She'll have to get past Nunes bombs first. Good luck with that.

Did you watch Holly control Cyborg in the clinch? Even Kunitskaya was able to take her down. She's not actually that good at wrestling.

so you dont think she will be able to get her down at all? i could see that Nunes is a BEAST

Nunes is the superior grappler and wrestler, she also has nice Judo skills(brown belt).
The ground is not where Cyborg wants the fight

no rematch is planned, and Nunes already said she is done with 145.

upload_2019-2-22_12-36-25.png

no rematch is planned, and Nunes already said she is done with 145.

View attachment 529767

did you not see the news today about her wanting to fight Holm, then rematch cyborg then retire? Im guessing not, since you went out of your way to post some bull shit lol. I know she lost im a big nunes fan. Sherdog is a trip

Back