Handsome
Fantastic skill set
Possibly the most complete mma fighter
No ped violations
No bad behaviors inside or outside the cage
Reigned undefeated for ages
Avenged the only two defeats emphatically
Retired champion in two divisions

You like champions who defend? Did it many many times against the very best of the best.

You like superfights or champ vs champ fights? Did that too, by going up in weight and defeating the mw champ.

Relinquishes titles if he doesn’t intend to defend them soon.

Doesn’t bend over for Dana and the UFC.

Retires as a winner in his own terms.

Remains humble throughout even with widespread accolades as the GOAT.

Really ... how can someone hate on GSP?

No one is exempt from hate here.

insecurity, envy, lack of intelligence or respect..has to be one of those.

I personally think even the people who hate on GSP actually respect him they are just too proud to admit it.

After the Serra loss he changed his game and started fighting safe/boring. Didn’t really bother me, but it rustled a few jimmies around here..

A lot of people will discredit all his accomplishments by claiming he was on PEDs despite never failing a single drug test.

Then people will say he retired after the Hendricks fight because USADA was coming, yet that's factually wrong because GSP retired in 2013 and USADA didn't come in until 2 years later. Plus GSP underwent USADA testing for his fight with Bisping and passed all tests.

They're just bitter people, that's all.

I hate that he never went for a finish on his fights since Serra and always played it safe. He also ducked the Anderson Silva superfight back when they were in their primes. Then went for Bisping when that belt was easy to get but quickly vacated it to not face the real contenders of that division. He is the "Stats GOAT"

How can someone hate on GSP?

Polite
Respectful
Friendly
Smart
True martial artist
Great role model for the sport
Handsome
Fantastic skill set
No ped violations

You like champions who defend? Did it many many times against the very best of the best.

You like superfights or champ vs champ fights? Did that too, by going up in weight and defeating the mw champ.

No PED violations , but very suspicious, according to Keith Kizer and the NSAC.

And I don't think people hate GSP so much, its more his obnoxious fans who act like a guy who went 6 years without finishing an opponent is somehow on the level of Bones/Fedor/Silva

I don't know. I was never really a fan of him during his era. I think they hate that he does not make dumb choices to excite the fans. I can't blame him.

95 percent of the time, it's simply a lack of satisfaction with their own personal life, and 90 percent of the time it's combined with not having a real sex life and all the frustration that brings.

Since GSP has so many of the traditional markers of life success, he's an easy target for those types to attack (anonymously of course).

GIF-of-GSP-dancing-hes-a-machine.gif

No PED violations , but very suspicious, according to Keith Kizer and the NSAC.

And I don't think people hate GSP so much, its more his obnoxious fans who act like a guy who went 6 years without finishing an opponent is somehow on the level of Bones/Fedor/Silva

Not suspicious at all in my opinion, in fact quite the opposite given his stand for more stringent testing.

Bones is a cheater in sport and a criminal in life.

Silva had some embarrassing defeats and also cheated.

Fedor is definitely a GOAT contender but he is certainly not as articulate and personable, as well as having made many questionable late career choices and heading for retirement in a rather sad way unfortunately (I’m a fan).

Anyway my question is how can someone hate on GSP, not is GSP more praise-worthy than XYZ.

How can someone hate on GSP?

Polite
Respectful
Friendly
Smart
True martial artist
Great role model for the sport
Handsome
Fantastic skill set
No ped violations

giphy.gif

Back