Why was georges willing to fight Maia but not funky?

Because Ben is still young and prime and maia is over 40.

Oh yeah Ben Askren, the money fight everyone is clamoring for. Eat your heart out Mayweather.

<LikeReally5>

George doesn’t want fights he can realistically lose, Maia is a easy stylistic matchup, Askren whilst still being inferior to George is a lot more of a threat

GSP picked Maia to beat Woodley before their fight. No doubt GSP would have fought Maia had he beaten Tyron.

Maia is a way better fighter than Askren all around , Askren has nothing for Maia even at this point tbh
GSP picked Maia to beat Woodley before their fight. No doubt GSP would have fought Maia had he beaten Tyron.
In the same interview when he said that he would fight Demian Maia The GOAT also called out Woodley. Stop being hypocrites and letting hate blind you.
GSP is the GOAT get over it.

Because Ben has never been top 10, has 0 top 15 wins, and struggled with a guy Georges ko'd in a couple of minutes.

Easy work.

Maia got the same # of wins than him in the UFC (20)
+ Maia is probaly the best BJJ artist in MMA history.

I get why GSP wanted that fight.
Especially if Maia had win Vs T-Wood.

Maia has pretty good accomplishments in the world of Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, along with his UFC resume

Ben, while I believe is a great wrestling talent, fizzled in the Olympics and only has Bellator achievements (most of which where just laying on guys, didnt fight anyone of note at ONE)

Because Ben has never been top 10, has 0 top 15 wins, and struggled with a guy Georges ko'd in a couple of minutes.

Easy work.
He arguably lost to GSP leftovers just like Woodley lost to a GSP leftover (Shields).
Maia got the same # of wins than him in the UFC (20)
+ Maia is probaly the best BJJ artist in MMA history.

I get why GSP wanted that fight.
Maia is a great fighter and a way better fighter than Askren who has 0 top 5 wins.

Georges just putting respeck on his name

Maia is a way better fighter than Askren all around , Askren has nothing for Maia even at this point tbh

In the same interview when he said that he would fight Demian Maia The GOAT also called out Woodley. Stop being hypocrites and letting hate blind you.
GSP is the GOAT get over it.

Askren can take down guys who don’t want to be taken down.

Maia can only do that to some fighters.

Probably because GSP knew it would be the most boring fight of his career and didn't want to go out with a snoozer!

Askren can take down guys who don’t want to be taken down.

Maia can only do that to some fighters.
Really? Who's the best MMA Wrestler that Askren has fought? Maia has fought Sonnen, Weidman, Woodley, Fitch, Usman and Covington. Take you're time, this is a hard question, I'll wait...

Really? Who's the best MMA Wrestler that Askren has fought? Maia has fought Sonnen, Weidman, Woodley, Fitch, Usman and Covington. Take you're time, this is a hard question, I'll wait...

So you’re assuming he can’t take good wrestlers down.

So you’re assuming he can’t take good wrestlers down.
I’m not assuming anything. Just pointing out that he hasn’t had to do that. Maia has fought beast wrestlers during his career.

Are people really still think askren was ever that good. Jesus. Go undefeated in a shitty org and people praise you. He has beat nobodies his entire career and now he is given a pretty easy fight for his ufc debut. He still may lose.

Back