Who would have more success?

oldschoolmmafan

Black Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Light heavyweight... Rockhold, Romero or Weidman? All three should move up IMO.

Id say Rockhold. His weakness is chin and less of a weight cut might help that plus there are less elite strikers at lightheavyweight. Plus hes a huge Middleweight.

Id say Romero. To be honest all 3 would be favourite over any LHW outside Jones and maybe Gus.

Rockholds too chiny, Weidman would get picked apart by Gus. Yoel can beat anyone including Jones. Dudes an animal.

Weidman is too immobile and Rockhold's defense is atrocious. guys like Jimi Manuwa would have a good chance to fold Rockhold in half.

Yoel would do the best but even him, i think he'd lose to someone like Gustafsson.

Rockhold. His frame and skill set would benefit from a move up. Might help his chin too.

I feel like weidman and yoel would give up too much strength going up to lhw to be effective.

The dude who beat the 2 other guys on the list via devastating KO. Romero almost decapitated Luke and Chris with his fist and knee. His athleticism knows no bounds.

Rockhold. Don't know how many fights left in Romero, dude is 41.

I would say Rockhold because of his evolution and possibly better chin at LHW. His striking, especially his boxing has improved a lot in his last fight against Romero.

Rockhold cannot take welter punch, the lights will make him lights out so I still think Romero with Wideman no2

Rockhold and Weidman would get wrecked

Romero looks good at LHW and most likely finds him self in a title fight

Back