Who do the UFC give the LW interim title shot to if Tony Ferguson refuses to fight Holloway?

Francis_Ngannou

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
We already know the UFC is not about fair play and they don't really care about fighters they think are unmarketable. It's not fair but they will skip over Tony like he's Colby Covington and make him wait at the back of the line if he refuses this fight.

Who do you see them giving the Holloway interim fight to if Tony opts out?

I hope they have the common sense to know how angry this would make the fans. I hate Trump but 155 needs a wall to stop 145ers, Canadians and Bellatorians from taking 155's title shots.

What's interesting about that is the UFC and Conor might not want that fight at this point in his career and be looking for an easier win.

We might have a situation where Al or Dustin actually get their wish.

If we believe the rumors then the reason they initially pursued tony vs max was they expected khabib to available vs tony. The UFC planned on booking in Abu Dhabi with khabib defending for 236 but that's not happening. So they probably floated the idea of tony fighting for an interim. Max was probably the biggest option they had even though Dustin or al deserve it more. With gas vs iz now possibly headlining 236 maybe they go ahead and book tony vs. Conor in the late spring/ early summer. Just a guess

We already know the UFC is not about fair play and they don't really care about fighters they think are unmarketable. It's not fair but they will skip over Tony like he's Colby Covington and make him wait at the back of the line if he refuses this fight.

Who do you see them giving the Holloway interim fight to if Tony opts out?
Tony turned down the interim fight vs Max and the UFC, being the cold machine that it is, moved on and offered the fight to Dustin the diamond.

Tony, for all his antics, really shot himself in the foot. Very risky move to say no to a title but as Adele said.. I wish nothing but the best for you Tony.

Back