GSP marketing ploy conspiracy theory

Vincentsky

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
After Khabibs suspension is all over with GSP comes out of retirement to face the undefeated champ to claim his 3rd weight division belt ?

I hope he stays retired. And if he does fight Khabib, let other lightweights fight for the belt.

It's not too far fetched

If we live by the theory that everything Dana says is a lie, then him saying he retired means he didn't retire and they're planning his final 'come out of retirement' fight

Which would sell lots of ppv's

giphy.gif

retirement tends to mean very little In combat sports

I'm expecting a Sugar Ray Leonard Esque retirement. When the UFC offers him the right fight with the right money, he'll come back.

This scenario is about as likely as GSP ever making 155.

retirement tends to mean very little In combat sports

I'm expecting a Sugar Ray Leonard Esque retirement. When the UFC offers him the right fight with the right money, he'll come back.
They WILL offer him the money if Jones screws the pooch again, Brawk retires and Conor goes AWOL. Guys like Diaz and GSP are still possible, but all the cards have to fall in line for the UFC to even consider paying them what they want.

I'm not so sure about that! Dana really began to despise GSP after the Hendricks fight... but after relinquishing the MW belt... Dana's hatred for George skyrocketed to a 9000 level!!! Except for Woodley, which he hates even more... I don't think George would sniff a title shot without going through contenders left and right... and GSP clearly mentioned that he's not willing to do that anymore! It's weird for a fighter to be in his position: the UFC literally can't do anything elevate his brand more than it already is! Only worthy fights for him to risk his stature would be tilts against Khabib or Conor. Everything else screams potential Loss for him ==> and a guaranteed win for the UFC! That's Bad Business!

Nah think he's serious. GSP is a pretty honorable fella, don't think he'd use a moment like this to just drum up interest. Not to mention I just don't see Dana White doing him any sort of favors.

Back