Kron Gracie's next opponent.

nick jacoby

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
here are some options. He wants a top ranked opponent... but man..... He needs a few more fights.
The Aldo fight could be fun though. Aldo vs Gracie in Brazil? Crazy

Andre Filhi
Michael Johnson
Darren Elkins
Mirsad Bektic
Ricardo Lamas
Jose Aldo (too much for Kron right now but that fight would be huggggge)
Renato Carneiro
Calvin Kattar

Aldo would murk him, he's gonna have to fight top guys soon enough, the Aldo fight would be horrible for Kron, and a waste of Aldo's time.

I actually want to see him fight a wrestler next. That guy who just ktfo mendes would be nice

Filhi is about the right opposition he needs at this point.

here are some options. He wants a top ranked opponent... but man..... He needs a few more fights.

Andre Filhi
Michael Johnson
Darren Elkins
Mirsad Bektic
Ricardo Lamas
Renato Carneiro
Calvin Kattar
Ryan Hall..

I think he should fight top ten tbh. He absolutely DISMANTLED Kawajiri, who was fringe UFC top ten and put it on Swanson, arguably even won. Kron is top ten right now. He vs Ortega would be hot fire, or even he vs Hall

Ryan Hall..
Would be hot fire but Hall is cherry picking old legends to beat up, the opening act for Anthony Smith's Legends World Tour. Plus, he only fights once a year. Last time we had such hi level jitz was Maia vs Nelson. Me thinks again the Brazilian would beat the white dude.

I think Kron is ready for a top top fighter TBH. The Kawajiri fight showed he can put out UFC top ten in minutes. As good as Maia was, this dude is P4P a lot better, and, he is very smart and worked on his boxing for a long time.

Another fight that would be dope is Zabit and Ortega.

I actually want to see him fight a wrestler next. That guy who just ktfo mendes would be nice
Are you talking about Volkanovski? He should be in line for the next title shot not fighting Kron. Incidentally Volk would destroy him.

Andre Filhi
Michael Johnson
Darren Elkins
Mirsad Bektic
Ricardo Lamas
Renato Carneiro
Calvin Kattar

Andre Filhi
Michael Johnson
Darren Elkins
Mirsad Bektic
Ricardo Lamas
Renato Carneiro
Calvin Kattar

Aldo is way to good. They need him to win. I’d say Renan Barao .. big name but not beating anyone anymore. Then maybe Zubaira when he is back. Team Diaz vs team khabib angle. Kron is too old to take years to develop but he needs to build up to the big boys. Ufc needs to milk the Gracie name.

Incidentally Volk would destroy him.
Be honest: you have not seen all Kron's fights, have you?

Kawajiri is as good a wrestler as Volk and got lit up like a Christmas tree an drew tapped in minutes. That was also like two years ago, and Kron has been evolving like cray.

Aldo is way to good. They need him to win. I’d say Renan Barao .. big name but not beating anyone anymore. Then maybe Zubaira when he is back. Team Diaz vs team khabib angle. Kron is too old to take years to develop but he needs to build up to the big boys. Ufc needs to milk the Gracie name.
I wouldnt worry about the age thing too much with Kron. He has been training for this since he was born, and, he has always taken really good care of his body. His Dad has super genetics too and Kron has nit taken damage for years like most UFC fighters.

I think most of those names are way to much at this time. I say give him kevin aguilar, gabriel benitez or hakeem dawodu next. At 5-0 he shouldnt be rushed to fast imo.

Brian Ortega.

Gracie jiujitsu vs Gracie

Be honest: you have not seen all Kron's fights, have you?

Kawajiri is as good a wrestler as Volk and got lit up like a Christmas tree an drew tapped in minutes. That was also like two years ago, and Kron has been evolving like cray.
Kawajiri might be a good a wrestler but he's not as good a striker and isn't he getting up there age wise? I'll admit I've haven't seen much of Gracie. Guessing you haven't seen much of Volk

1 fight against a nobody answers questions now
Kawajiri is a nobody??

<LikeReally5>

Did you just start watching MMA when Hardy started fighting? Kawajiri is an all time great LW, a very good wrestler and arguably beat top 5 ranked Cub Swanson in his last UFC fight.

Kawajiri might be a good a wrestler but he's not as good a striker and isn't he getting up there age wise? I'll admit I've haven't seen much of Gracie. Guessing you haven't seen much of Volk
I've seen a lot of Volk, he is a good fighter.

Kron is Rickson's son, who is maybe the greatest BJJ fighter of all time and an undefeated MMA fighter. Kron is also a world champion BJJ, something only guys like Jacare and Werdum are, paired with the fact he has been training with Diaz for years. His main issue was negotiations, as he wanted more money than UFC would pay.

I'm not saying he will be champ, but he is the type of fighter that could literally beat anyone in the UFC if he touches you. Literally the only fighter I can think of that is not Conor's team mate that he gave props too. You should watch that movie "Choke", which changed many an MMA fighter's life (including Conor) - that little kid grappling on the bed as a practical toddler is Kron. He was raised by the best in the world to do this from day one.

Back