Max Holloway is the perfect striker to beat Tony Ferguson

Pious Augustus

Born With Thick Skin
Pink
Reaction score
Tony is a pressure fighter, how do you interrupt pressure?
-with volume.
What are the problems in striking with high volume?
-it makes you gas quickly, so you need a good gas tank in order to keep the high volume
-you must not leave yourself open for counters
-requires a great deal of accuracy and focus to land constant combinations on your opponent with the ability to get in & out just in time.

does Max suffer from any of these problems mentioned above?
-NO
Can you prove your claim that Tony suffers when he faces a striker with volume?
-yes, Michael Johnson.
2-Tony can't outlast him as he does against most of his opponents cuz Max won't gas out dealing with Tony's Preusser.
3-Max is a great finisher and would be able to finish Tony once he gets hurt.

Max Holloway by UD

How many tap machine accounts are there?

Turns out this one is a welcher and someone who states the obvious, and the other ones are khabib ball sweat drinkers.

“Key strength, Max can finish, which is why I predict he will win by UD” what the fuck did I just read

“Key strength, Max can finish, which is why I predict he will win by UD” what the fuck did I just read

you didn't read anything I stated that Max is a great finisher at the very end. as a possible way he could beat Tony with, but my prediction remains a UD

stop being narrow minded pls

Diaz beats both at lightweight
If it hits the mat Holloway is in serious trouble, also lol at pillow fisted Holloway KOing tony no chance. the dudes got pillows at 145 where he is he the bigger man, at 155 vs bigger guys they’ll laugh at his power.
Ferguson has nice kick and elbows aswell as an underated Wrestling game.
He also has a much longer reach
Tony via submission

I would love Tony to win vs Holloway but I don't know if he does. Tony is far, far better on the ground but Holloway will light him up on the feet.

you didn't read anything I stated that Max is a great finisher at the very end. as a possible way he could beat Tony with, but my prediction remains a UD

stop being narrow minded pls
You know that if someone finishes a fight it’s considered a “knockout” or a “submission” right?

the difference here is that MJ has a 76 inch reach to match Tony's
Max has a 69 inch reach.
MJ beat Tony in the outside boxing range.
Max will have to get inside, which he can with his exceptional footwork though.

I love this matchup. This is as high level as it gets.
We're going to see high level, non stop action, art at its finest, for 5 rounds ... if it even lasts that long.

Diaz beats both at lightweight
If it hits the mat Holloway is in serious trouble, also lol at pillow fisted Holloway KOing tony no chance. the dudes got pillows at 145 where he is he the bigger man, at 155 vs bigger guys they’ll laugh at his power.
Ferguson has nice kick and elbows aswell as an underated Wrestling game.
He also has a much longer reach
Tony via submission
Max has one less KO\TKO than Tony in fewer fights, and more in UFC.
Tony is pillow fisted at 155lb he has 1 KO\TKO finishes at 155lb (less than Khabib lol)

Max has one less KO\TKO than Tony in fewer fights, and more in UFC
At featherweight.
Tony has kos at Welterweight
Tony is pillow fisted aswell now Tbh
Max lacks power at FW at lightweight he’s gonna struggle

Tony get his alot. His reach and elbows might cause some big problems but I imagine Holloway will light him up.

-with volume.
-it makes you gas quickly, so you need a good gas tank in order to keep the high volume
-requires a great deal of accuracy and focus to land constant combinations on your opponent with the ability to get in & out just in time.

-NO
-yes, Michael Johnson.
2-Tony can't outlast him as he does against most of his opponents cuz Max won't gas out dealing with Tony's Preusser.

Max Holloway by UD

Tony throws insane amounts of volume too. This is rounds 4 and 5, at Mexico City Elevation (where EVERYONE else was tiring--even in 3 round fights), and against another elite fighter and former champ.
upload_2019-2-21_21-37-38.png

Tony doesn't just pressure, he pressures and throws serious volume AND his volume isn't boxing-centric like Max's is. Tony mixes in elbows, knees, kicks, etc.

Will Max gas? Probably not, I agree. Will be absorbing strikes? Hell yes, as he has against lesser strikers than Ferguson. And Max would also be at the biggest reach disadvantage of his career.

You brought up the MJ fight from 6 years ago but don't think Tony has faced any volume strikers? RDA is a more potent and busy striker than MJ. I'd imagine Tony fighting well over half the fight with MJ with a broken arm may have had something to do with him not pressuring as much. Even if you want to foolishly discount that though, again, he's had 11 fights since then. That fight is fairly irrelevant, even to the point you're trying to make.

And...you ignore the fact that Tony may well force some grappling exchanges where he has the advantage. He's done it before, no reason to think he wouldn't do it vs Max.

You then point out that Max being a great finisher is a key and predict a UD? Umm...what?

max has pillow fists. i doubt he will pose much threat to tony.

he landed +300 strikes on ortega and still couldnt properly finish him, had to rely on ortegas coach to call the doctor to check on him.

that being said, pettis had tony in heaps of trouble during their great back and forth fight. so maybe i guess.

At featherweight.
Tony has kos at Welterweight
Tony is pillow fisted aswell now Tbh
Max lacks power at FW at lightweight he’s gonna struggle
Maybe it's the same case with Tony at WW and his fists will be stronger at LW (since he's big for FW)

max will hurt tony.. tony will flop around till he gets his wits back then go on to finish t rex arms max...

love both guys but not really interdasted in this fight...

I stated this before. But I am a die hard Max fan, being from Hawaii.
But Tony is a dangerous matchup for Blessed...and I don’t see Max winning. Both guys have great standup, I’d even give the edge to Max.
But the ground game is where I’d give the giant edge to Tony. Max is slick on the ground but Tony is a whole different level. And I could easily see Tony snatching up a sub against Max.
LW is a rough place for Holloway, and I sadly don’t see him doing as well as I’d hope.
<DCrying>

-with volume.

-NO
-yes, Michael Johnson.

Max Holloway by UD

Historically speaking in both MMA and Boxing the best way to stop pressure is power, not volume.

Max has one less KO\TKO than Tony in fewer fights, and more in UFC.
Tony is pillow fisted at 155lb he has 1 KO\TKO finishes at 155lb (less than Khabib lol)

LMAO so when Tony beats guys bloody to the point they want out and then grabs a front headlock and snaps them down into a d'arce, that means he has no power?

He has 6 submission wins in the UFC, and in 5 of them (Rio, Trujillo Tibau, Barboza, Lando) he hurt guys standing badly before locking in the sub. Lee is the only one he didn't. You trying to use how many KO's/TKO's he has is a perfect example of blindly using fightfinder without actually having seen the fights and realizing what happened.

Back