GSP on the UFC not giving him the Khabib fight:

Burt Kocain the wrassler

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
"Business-wise, It's probably a good decision for the UFC, because I think I would have won, they would have lost an investment (in Khabib) and I would have exited with... It's normal, Khabib is young, he can make the UFC win more money for several other years, so it's normal, it's just business. I love Dana, I love everybody." Not the first video on top, but the second in the middle of the page, at 4,31 (in French):
https://www.tvasports.ca/2019/02/21/la-retraite-pour-georges-st-pierre

3 divisions champ would have been sweet tho.

I hope one day we will see another Canadian star rise that comes close to GSP so I can fill the hole in my heart but unfourtunately I don't think we will ever see something like it again.

Great storyline. I get that feeling this fight still happens in November.

That probably the most cocky thing I've ever heard gsp say. Pretty mild.

GSP refuses to trash talk. Even after Dana has backstabbed and shit talked about him for 5 years now. The epitome of class.

GSP is a bigger and better man than myself (metaphorically speaking).

Khabib would have beaten GSP and made it look surprisingly easy

3 divisions champ would have been sweet tho.

After TJ's performance dropping down a weight do you really think GSP could drop to 155 lbs and do anything? Assuming he could even make the weight.
3 division champ was never an option, unless GSP wanted a shot at Jones.

i don't think khabib would have lost to GSP since he struggled with Hendricks. I think it's more of what GSP said about the UFC and not that he could beat Khabib.

"Business-wise, It's probably a good decision for the UFC, because I think I would have won, they would have lost an investment (in Khabib) and I would have exited with... It's normal, Khabib is young, he can make the UFC win more money for several other years, so it's normal, it's just business. I love Dana, I love everybody." Not the first video on top, but the second in the middle of the page, at 4,31 (in French):
https://www.tvasports.ca/2019/02/21/la-retraite-pour-georges-st-pierre

dont believe the gsp smoke screen. he retired last year on ariels show.

i don't think khabib would have lost to GSP since he struggled with Hendricks. I think it's more of what GSP said about the UFC and not that he could beat Khabib.
Hendricks has way better striking, is bigger and hits way harder
Pretty bad comparison

I said this months ago
Thinking there gonna give gsp a chance to destroy whatever hype Khabib has is ridiculous
They made the right call
The UFC does not revolve around George

GSP has much better wrestling and is way bigger. He's probably better standing too.

Back