The UFC doesn’t owe GSP a thing

• Thread starter Deleted member 359865
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 359865

Lol guy hides for years then is gifted a MW title shot against one of the most overrated MW champs of all time. To add, he doesn’t defend the belt and now he deserves a shot over legitimate contenders at Khabib for absolutely no reason....and some of y’all AGREE? Lmao!!

Did GSP say the UFC owed him anything?

Stupid thread.

You're right.

He's still #2 in most PPV's buys combined.
(Behind Conor)

No they don’t. They owe their shareholders profits though. And GSP brings that in. Which is why the UFC can posture all they want, but the pressure from the guys in the leather seats and on the golf courses will eventually break Dana. And he will offer GSP a fight. And pay him what he wants.

Lol guy hides for years then is gifted a MW title shot against one of the most overrated MW champs of all time. To add, he doesn’t defend the belt and now he deserves a shot over legitimate contenders at Khabib for absolutely no reason....and some of y’all AGREE? Lmao!!

He's arguably the one athlete who's had the most impact on the UFC's brand in the last 15 years so it's not like it's ridiculous to think he should get more consideration.

yeah that is true, him fighting khabib just to relinquish the belt would be annoying like what he did at MW. on The other hand, it would be a huge fight because gsp is a big draw and khabib has a buzz to him by beating Conor.

They owe him respect, and so do MMA fans.

GSP haters are fucking retarded.

He's arguably the one athlete who's had the most impact on the UFC's brand in the last 15 years so it's not like it's ridiculous to think he should get more consideration.
He got enough consideration the fucking last time he got gifted a title shot without doing anything...lol y’all are truly something else. The dude is greedy, I thought the MW shot was well deserved as a legacy thing. But a shot at Khabib?? I don’t blame the UFC for not feeding their best champion to the guy who admitted to wanting to take advantage of cherry picking guys.

I have literally not ever seen a single person that said they did.

Funny-Flip-Fail.gif

Great thread.

Did GSP say the UFC owed him anything?

Stupid thread.
Not sure but he's being a drama queen about the whole Khabib thing. Pretending to retire because of it and everything. I don't agree that they don't owe him anything though because they kind of do. He's one of the fighters that made it main stream and one of the biggest draws the sport has ever seen. I still don't want him fighting for another belt in a division he's never fought in though. The only person that should be fighting Khabib next is Tony.

He got enough consideration the fucking last time he got gifted a title shot without doing anything...lol y’all are truly something else. The dude is greedy, I thought the MW shot was well deserved as a legacy thing. But a shot at Khabib?? I don’t blame the UFC for not feeding their best champion to the guy who admitted to wanting to take advantage of cherry picking guys.

I'm not saying he does deserve it, I'm saying it's not ridiculous to thing he does. The UFC has already set one precedent after another for undeserved title shots, rematches, etc. So it's absolutely not "truly thomething elthe" to think he should be considered to fight Nurmagomedov.

Dumb thread. Noone is saying the UFC owes him anything. GSP is saying he wants the Khabib fight. Khabib is saying he wants that fight. The UFC is saying hell no because GSP already stated and proved that he has no desire to be a reigning defending champ.

I think the UFC should have Khabib fight Tony and IF Khabib wins then let GSP have him at a catchweight that way you dont hurt the belt.

No they don’t. They owe their shareholders profits though. And GSP brings that in. Which is why the UFC can posture all they want, but the pressure from the guys in the leather seats and on the golf courses will eventually break Dana. And he will offer GSP a fight. And pay him what he wants.

giphy.gif

I made a thread yesterday addressing the shareholders etc. It’s beyond fucked up.

Gsp can get lots of fights and lots of money. He only wants one fight on his terms it appears. If he wanted woodley he prob could have had it.

Perma ban, range ban, and travel ban.

Back