If you don't think GSP is the GOAT.

JustOnce

On Hiatus
Double Yellow Card
Reaction score
Then GSP agrees with you. One thing that's hilarious to me, always been, is the revisionist bs, well bs in general that distorts and twists what's being spewed out there, whether it's on sherdog, or on tv, and so on.

GSP has never ever in his most of his entire prime career, if not all of it, set a single foot in the top rankings of pound for pound on Sherdog, I believe. He had Fedor, then Anderson, and then Jon Jones came along, and then Mighty Mouse to a lesser extent.

IDmBsET.gif

I mean, I like GSP a lot. But let's not act like trolls who has never been around and just say things just because media or some fans on sherdog wants something to be that it was not.

GSP is the SECOND greatest of all time, behind Fedor. He's a true champion, a legend, once a wrecking ball, a gentleman, a role model, a clean athlete, but let's not put a blindfold on and be on his nuts for beating Bisping while ducking Woodley, and give him extra credit for that, when he has been blanketing people since he threw bricks in the river to cope with his Matt Serra loss where he tapped to strikes.

tumblr_mwa5eblXtW1ry1rm7o1_400.gif

But he probably has one of the greatest knock out wins, or wins period. That fight to this day is one of the best fights ever for me. That GSP disappeared ten years ago or so tho.

Troll thread, but not being #1 P4P at a single point actually doesn't logically lead to a conclusion that someone isn't #1 overall a certain period of time.

Troll thread, but bot being #1 P4P at a single point actually doesn't logically lead to a conclusion that someone isn't #1 overall a certain period of time.

mhm never been the best at one point => best of all time
makes a lot of sense

I don't think you can have 11 decisions in a row and be in the GOAT discussion.

and fighters never talk about their legacy or how good they are. Good fighters anyway. Fedor never gave a fuck about being called the best.

Best of luck to GSP. Nice guy. His style is not for me though. And he should have fought prime Anderson he probably would have won a decision.

GSP will forever be the GOAT if he's truly retired now. Retiring on top is a huge bonus when talking about the greatest of all time. Anderson and Fedor can never be considered above GSP on the GOAT list because of their losses and disregard of their legacy. Anderson also popped multiple times, while Fedor's career is very sketchy (losing all his fights as soon as he comes to the US). Jones is a drug cheat and is automatically DQ'ed from the discussion. The only man close to GSP is DJ, but now that he's at ONE we also have to take the level of competition into consideration.

makes a lot of sense

It does if you have any sense of mathematical or logical literacy.

Here is a quick example:

2009 to 2011
Person 1 ranks: 2,2,2
Person 2 ranks: 1,50, 50
Person 3 ranks: 50, 1, 50

Who is ranked highest over the time period 2009-2011? Person 1 of course.

I'm not commenting on whether or not GSP is or isn't number 1 (I think the issue is cluttered with a few reasonable choices), but saying he is automatically excluded because he was never number 1 P4P is quite literally bad logic.

It does if you have any sense of mathematical or logical literacy.

Here is a quick example:

2009 to 2011
Person 1 ranks: 2,2,2
Person 2 ranks: 1,50, 50
Person 3 ranks: 50, 1, 50

Who is ranked highest over the time period 2009-2011? Person 1 of course.

I'm not commenting on whether or not GSP is or isn't number 1 (I think the issue is cluttered with a few reasonable choices), but saying he is automatically excluded because he was never number 1 P4P is quite literally bad logic.

but that's not what happened you doofus

Cormier is the objective GOAT.

It’s hard to compare the accomplishments of the GOAT-level champs. All of them did amazing things in different ways with different styles and in different divisions. Too many variables to adjudicate.

But if you focus on their greatest failures, it’s super easy to compare.

Cormier’s only loss(es) came against a GOAT-Level competitor—who is a known cheat.

GSP has never ever in his most of his entire prime career, if not all of it, set a single foot in the top rankings of pound for pound on Sherdog, I believe. He had Fedor, then Anderson, and then Jon Jones came along, and then Mighty Mouse to a lesser extent.
GSP is the SECOND greatest of all time
makes a lot of sense

These statements contradict though.

I don't think you can have 11 decisions in a row and be in the GOAT discussion.

and fighters never talk about their legacy or how good they are. Good fighters anyway. Fedor never gave a fuck about being called the best.

Best of luck to GSP. Nice guy. His style is not for me though. And he should have fought prime Anderson he probably would have won a decision.
You can make a case for/against pretty much every good fighter, but let’s not act like there is a definitive answer. You see 11 decisions. I see 11 wins.

these fucking gsp threads on sherdog need to stop

Troll thread, but not being #1 P4P at a single point actually doesn't logically lead to a conclusion that someone isn't #1 overall a certain period of time.

Being #3 for 15 years isn't as good at being #1 for 10

See Fedor

Being #3 for 15 years isn't as good at being #1 for 10

See Fedor

The point isn't whether he is or isn't, it's the bad logic the guy used.

If you want to vote for Fedor or Anderson or Jones that's perfectly fine and there are valid reasons to select any of them depending on what you value.

If you want to vote for Fedor or Anderson or Jones that's perfectly fine and there are valid reasons to select any of them depending on what you value.

Sure, but its what he values. So that's his argument.

Yeah because GSP could never be so arrogant as to call himself GOAT. The lies and laughs never stop around here.

There's a top tier of goats and Gsp is in it. He's not #1 [and neither is fedor].

Once you get by that top tier of goats, things get subjective according to the way you see things in the next tier ...

you are pretty stupid, you aren't thinking logically, you are just being stupid

Back