GSP will return by this year or 2020

Pokemon24

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
This is obviously just a marketing tactic Georges is using to announce his retirement. I guarantee after Khabib faces and beats Tony Ferguson and rematches Conor and beat him as well, he'll face GSP.

"GSP was never my friend" - Kenny Florian

If Conor goes on a crazy run and somehow manages to avoid Khabib then GSP will be back. Otherwise I dont see it.

If he is smart, he would be hinting on a UFC return like Gina has done to get roles and other opportunities. But I doubt Georges would fight again.

He'll come back.

They always do.

If Conor goes on a crazy run and somehow manages to avoid Khabib then GSP will be back. Otherwise I dont see it.
Bingo. Khabib at 155 is probably the most dominant fighter ever, certainly right up there with Pictogram at LHW. Did anyone really think GSP, who wouldn't drop WW to LW for BJ in his 20's, would drop from MW to LW at near 40 for Khabib?! LeL! Hella to the naw! He wants Conor or Diaz for a third belt......and if a guy like BJ managed a fluke title win, then maybe we will see George's back, but not before then.

He's gone. He will only come back for big money and WME isn't paying GSP shit to come in, win or lose, then vacate immediately. He's officially done. If he comes back either Dana will be gone or it's a different org, and it means he's run out of money so let's hope he stays retired.

If he is smart, he would be hinting on a UFC return like Gina has done to get roles and other opportunities. But I doubt Georges would fight again.
I dont quite get the point of the announcement. I feel like as long as he's in the media getting attention for potential fights, it can help him get more money negotiating other stuff. I'm sure there is a direct point, but I don't get what it is.

Bingo. Khabib at 155 is probably the most dominant fighter ever, certainly right up there with Pictogram at LHW. Did anyone really think GSP, who wouldn't drop WW to LW for BJ in his 20's, would drop from MW to LW at near 40 for Khabib?! LeL! Hella to the naw! He wants Conor or Diaz for a third belt......and if a guy like BJ managed a fluke title win, then maybe we will see George's back, but not before then.

The Khabib fight was the only reason GSP hadn't retired already. He has openly stated he has no interest in Conor or Diaz because it does nothing for his legacy.

I dont quite get the point of the announcement. I feel like as long as he's in the media getting attention for potential fights, it can help him get more money negotiating other stuff. I'm sure there is a direct point, but I don't get what it is.
I think he used it as a last ditch effort to get a better deal and now that they didnt bite he is done for good

I hope not. He doesn't need the Khabib fight for anything other than $$$.

I think he's gone gone. He seems very much the personality type that just shuts down and sticks with something when he sets his mind to it.

Just wait until Alan Belcher becomes MW champ.

Then it’s the glorious return.

The Khabib fight was the only reason GSP hadn't retired already. He has openly stated he has no interest in Conor or Diaz because it does nothing for his legacy.

But fighting a 155lber does something for his legacy? Lol

Wonder what getting his ass beat by Woodley in his own division would do for his legacy?

But fighting a 155lber does something for his legacy? Lol

Wonder what getting his ass beat by Woodley in his own division would do for his legacy?

Yes, beating an undefeated champion does something for his legacy. As opposed to facing a guy who got dominated in his last fight and is weak at wrestling. Derp derp.

I think he used it as a last ditch effort to get a better deal and now that they didnt bite he is done for good
Right, thats what most people think, but that doesnt sound right to me. Everyone knows the UFC doesnt react that way. If you're expecting a reaction, you wont get one. That would be like letting a woman (or man, I guess) have a tantrum and then giving in. You have set a precedent of death. I'm sure there is another reason, perhaps something legally relevant about being retired vs. active.

Yes, beating an undefeated champion does something for his legacy. As opposed to facing a guy who got dominated in his last fight and is weak at wrestling. Derp derp.

Undefeated champion 2 weight classes below his last fight. You can't even get GSP to SAY Welterweight. Fuck outta here.

Back