Aldo’s last 2 fights only real stoppages in UFC career

Natesblackshirt

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Aldo only has 4 stoppages in the UFC. He was a wrecking machine before the UFC but his last 2 fights are really his only 2 legit stoppages and some of his best performances.

His recent wins really show his longevity and how different fighters fight without the burden of 5 rounds or defending a belt every fight. Even GSP use to finish people before becoming champ.

1) Korean Zombie- dislocated his shoulder so he lost due to injury

2) Chad Mendes 1- Aldo held the cage to set up the finish

3 & 4) Moicano and Stephens both legit Tko’s

Aldo only has 4 stoppages in the UFC. He was a wrecking machine before the UFC but his last 2 fights are really his only 2 legit stoppages and some of his best performances.

His recent wins really show his longevity and how different fighters fight without the burden of 5 rounds or defending a belt every fight. Even GSP use to finish people before becoming champ.

I mean either way the fight had to be stopped from strikes when Chad got kneed into Bolivia

the cage hold didn't set up the finish actually

I mean either way the fight had to be stopped from strikes when Chad got kneed into Bolivia
the cage hold didn't set up the finish actually
If the ref took even a second to break them up for a warning/point deduction it would change the space time continuum with a butterfly effect leading to a possible completely different result.

I agree with the holding of the cage. As much as I respect Aldo, that should have been an immediate 1 point deduction. A very blatant cage grab that prevented Aldo from going to the mat.

Mendes had Aldo completely in the air while Aldo was holding the cage. Sure Aldo would have still won the fight, but fouls that blatant and intentional need harsh punishments.

Loved seeing Aldo finish Stephens though. That was awesome. And that crowd reaction when he finished Moicano was sweeeet.

If the ref took even a second to break them up for a warning/point deduction it would change the space time continuum with a butterfly effect leading to a possible completely different result.

Maybe in that timeline you wouldn't be wasting your time with pointless trolling.

I agree with the holding of the cage. As much as I respect Aldo, that should have been an immediate 1 point deduction. A very blatant cage grab that prevented Aldo from going to the mat.

Mendes had Aldo completely in the air while Aldo was holding the cage. Sure Aldo would have still won the fight, but fouls that blatant and intentional need harsh punishments.

Loved seeing Aldo finish Stephens though. That was awesome. And that crowd reaction when he finished Moicano was sweeeet.

Yes.
And who knows if he would have won. He frustrated Mendes with 2 straight cage grabs.

b0WQR.gif

You know what: I think Conor and Max beating Aldo upped his game and taught him he has to work on that hand game. His boxing has been much better and I believe he is probably a better fighter now than ever before. I really respect that, that he stopped being so bitter and learned, just like Dustin did. People might not agree but he is still in his athletic prime, the only difference is the game has evolved, the fighters are bigger, better and more than just blown up bantam weight wrestlers like Faber.

A loss due to injury is a bullshit cop out, by that logic The Chris only beat Anderson once

They were all REAL because they REALLY happened. Chad REALLY got kneed in the chin for REAL and ask the Zombie how REAL his injury (as a result of Aldo's punishment) was.

They were all REAL because they REALLY happened. Chad REALLY got kneed in the chin for REAL and ask the Zombie how REAL his injury (as a result of Aldo's punishment) was.
Shut ur damn mouth

u know what: I think Conor and Max beating Aldo upped his game and taught him he has to work on that hand game. His boxing has been much better and I believe he is probably a better fighter now than ever before
I think Aldo went right after the Conor fight...or not right after...like leading up to the Frankie2 fight...to Robert Garcia's Camp and did nothing but boxing over there.
I think he had 2 camps over there

That's not quite right about the fence grab. It's somehow remembered on here that Aldo grabbed the fence and then immediately after landed the knee. He grabbed the cage around 1 min mark, this is when Mendes had him in the air, he got a warning and then Mendes picked him again and this time got Aldo down and then he popped back up. The finish came a minute later with Aldo actually defending the take down properly.

Not quite right on #2. The fence grab didn't set up the finish, it was about a minute before the finish. After the grab Aldo actually gets taken down on the second attempt and pops right back up. The finish came right before the belt, Aldo defended the take down cleanly and landed the knee.

Back