I honestly could say that Khabib can beat Conor even if...

true_fan

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
It was just striking match and before you jump the gun, here is how he can do it! All he has to do is last one and 1/2 round and Conor would be spent!
It’s not like Khabib is not good with his hands, it’s just he is a great grappler which makes him look average. Do you agree?

No. Khabib was able to beat conor standing because of the take down threat.

That’s why wrestlers sometimes outstrike strikers.

Welcome to MMA.

Not a chance. Conor is an amazing striker. He would let lose and tee off in a standing only match. And I bet 200 on khabib lol

Man some of you guys have suspect knowledge on mma and fighting in general.

Conor would dismantle Khabib standing only.

Striking only but the fight starts on the ground and Conor has to get up before the rules change.

Yeah, that’s why he got out struck by a gassed battererd McGregor lol
Mcgregor would beat him pretty badly

What's next, you think Werdum would KO Hunt in K1 or Randleman would KO Cro Cop too?

The threat of takedown changes everything, especially when a dude was laying on you, making you work, for 5 minutes previous. If Khabib ever thought that he wouldn't have been diving for ankles. Conor won the 8th round vs May, so this whole gassing while just striking theory is bunk af.

Someday I'd like to find a forum where I can discuss MMA with other knowledgeable fans.

Man some of you guys have suspect knowledge on mma and fighting in general.

Conor would dismantle Khabib standing only.
Didn't you hear, bro? Conor is the most shit fighter ever because he got out grappled by a 200 lb Khabib after taking two years off and going up from his usual weightclass. Dillashaw, Stipe and Mighty Mouse are also cans now too. Is normal, is Sherdog.

Didn't you hear, bro? Conor is the most shit fighter ever because he got out grappled by a 200 lb Khabib after taking two years off and going up from his usual weightclass. Dillashaw, Stipe and Mighty Mouse are also cans now too. Is normal, is Sherdog.
People are gonna hate on me but I believe Conor from the Eddie fight wouldve beaten Khabib. The Conor Khabib fought looked like an imitation. It was weird.

But youre right, Sherdog is filled with idiots.

In pure striking conor would beat khabib. Khabib smashed conor for two rounds and conor was able to do fine standing with khabib. Unfortunately for conor they are in mma and not boxing and conor gets smashed every time.

I feel like everybody has said enough already but I'll call you an idiot as well just for the hell of it.

People are gonna hate on me but I believe Conor from the Eddie fight wouldve beaten Khabib. The Conor Khabib fought looked like an imitation. It was weird.

But youre right, Sherdog is filled with idiots.
I'm not sure if he would beat him, but one thing is certain: Conor looked like a shell physically and the open workouts were poor too. Eddie McGregor would have at least done better. With all the rumors about his partying, I would not doubt that his lifestyle caught up him. IMO, Kav's words following the fight reveal that something was off too.

One can argue that true striking has grappling involved with takedowns and all because without defence against those you're basically done, therefore Khabib is a better striker overall. Purely striking tho he gets destroyed just like he did Conor or even worse. Also that was probably the slowest Conor has ever looked, just in general, not because of the TDs.

no. conor would light khabib up under those rules. khabib is way to sloppy and stiff to beat conor in a standup fight.

If u all took Conor’s balls out then you’ll realize that if slow Nate can hang and survive, I don’t think it’s that ridiculous Khabib would tire him out in 2 rounds and then finish him! Losers!

Yeah, that’s why he got out struck by a gassed battererd McGregor lol
Mcgregor would beat him pretty badly
2nd round was conor fresh or no ? He looked like he got shot out of a cannon when Khabib put them hands on him

giphy.gif

If u all took Conor’s balls out then you’ll realize that if slow Nate can hang and survive, I don’t think it’s that ridiculous Khabib would tire him out in 2 rounds and then finish him! Losers!
Easily he could. Conor was barely able to touch the guy in 4 rounds .Every fight prior conor always had some kind of success, this time there was nothing you can point to.. he lost absolutely every aspect of the fight

Back