Any coach actually quitting for the sake of the fighter?

JustOnce

On Hiatus
Double Yellow Card
Reaction score
Now, if you have been following Fedor's career, you know he has been training with some world class fighters and facilities. NOT. But he stuck with them, and I think there are very few who has stuck with the same coaches as long as Fedor has, if at all.

A few years ago or so, I think, he started going to train in Holland, with his old coaches running the gym in his home town, where he also trained I believe. And his kickboxing coach or head coach there, Peter, apparently said that he was quitting in light of Fedor getting knocked the fudge out by a jab/hook.

Fedor seem to have developed his chin to a point where it's as glass as they make them and might get knocked the fudge out by shaving, so better be careful you'd imagine nowadays. You know, there seems to be a drama building on Sherdog ABOUT, not with Conor and Irish Edmond, though I don't think that nickname is a fair one for the coach, who appears to me a good guy and a coach, and potentially a split is being rumoured, and Irish Edmond did mention after the loss how he'd only train Conor if he does this and that I think, but he didn't actually quit and the situation can't be any more different with Conor still young and lot left in the tank, and Fedor, well, God save him if he continues to compete.

It got me wondering, can you recall any coach who came up like Fedor's and said he ain't training him anymore, which appears to me comes out of well wishes for the fighter himself?

I feel like there may or may not have been one or two, boxing included, but can't recall one off the top of my head. I guess it's funny how some people love to shit on Fedor, but so many coaches and fighters respect the guy, and so loyal to his coaches like no other, and even his coaches are loyal to him too, when they probably have more to gain by continuing to train him.

John Hackleman and Chuck. Chuck looked good against Tito though.

Mickey and Rocky Balboa

Rocky Balboa and Adonis Creed

Roach and Pacman but obviously they are back together

I can think of some coaches who should have quit or been fired, but didn't.

Roach and Pacman but obviously they are back together

I actually didnt know they were back together.

good

edit - actually yes I did I just need coffee and im tired

John Hackleman and Chuck. Chuck looked good against Tito though.

Mickey and Rocky Balboa

Rocky Balboa and Adonis Creed

No i dont think so. I believe chuck wanted to try something new

Back