Can you blame Ferguson for declining a fight against Max in favour of I fight against Conor?

Hamm and Clov

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
First, Max is a more difficult fight, in my opinion. Second, Conor has to win this or else it is the last of his big money fights. He hasn’t won an mma fight in years as is but he’s still big enough to produce one last needle mover. Tony thinks he can beat Conor and he knows he’ll get paid. If Conor fights someone else, and loses, that’s it. He can either fight the James Vicks of the world and earn that sweet Reebok $$$, or he can take his money back to Ireland and fend off paternity accusations.

Not only do I not blame him I empower him. This is some straight up BULLSHIT the UFC is trying to pull. "Here Tony another interim fight after we stripped you last time. Oh by the way Dustin Poirier you can take a back seat kid" Like GTFO.

It sucks coz I would love Max vs Tony but right now there's too many people getting fucked over for that fight. Straight disrespect.

Good on him. UFC made their bed. These guys get no respect and thrown under the bus at the drop of a dime. If you don't need to go out of your way to help Dana and co out then you 100% should never do it.

I suppose he doesn't see the upside in fighting for an interim belt, bc they can just take it away without warning.

Makes more sense to fight Conor and try to make some money.

No, of course not.

For me personally the only three fights Tony should have to worry about are as follows... Because he’s earned it.

1. Khabib for the Title.

2. Against McGregor for the big dough.

3. An Interim fight vs Fighter X...

But since the UFC can just take away your interim belt...

I don't blame him but he has no legs to stand on. No matter how shit and unfair it is.

If he doesn't take the reported interim shot against Max someone else will and Tony will be sent to the back of the line and never sniff a title shot again.

Conor is pampered. The anti-Tony. They'll let him choose who he wants to fight everytime.

I don't blame him but he has no legs to stand on. No matter how shit and unfair it is.

If he doesn't take the reported interim shot against Max someone else will and Tony will be sent to the back of the line and never sniff a title shot again.
I could see Conor getting Max if Tony doesn't take that fight, tbh. Which could be the UFC's ultimate goal lol.

If it was for an interim title he's nuts.

It's a chance for a title and PPV points.

Dana will hate him for this now and his negotiations will be very tough going forward.

Stupid fucking move imo

El Cucuy best LW on the planet.

Deserves to fight for the real LW belt or a big payday against Conor in his next fight.

But he will most likely be fighting Max next for the interim belt.

Dana will hate him for this now and his negotiations will be very tough going forward.

Stupid fucking move imo

Interim titles don’t mean shit, as Tony has already found out.

Stupid fucking move imo
So tony should just submit to baldfucks will and fight for pennies?

What choice does Tony have? Sitting out isn't going to do him any favors.

Either he should fight Max, change weight divisions or asked to be released from the promotion.

He's 35 and has won 11 in a row and already had an interim title that was unjustly stripped. Money or the real title is the only thing he should be shooting for. The Max fight isn't for big money or a real belt. Defend or vacate.

tony has no juice. dispite like 9 fight bonus, tuf winner, 14 and 1 ppl do not like him

life aint fufking fair. homie still has made 3 million.... better than straving in yemen so i dont feel bad for him

Last edited:
Of course not. If the champ isn't around, then Conor is the next best choice for that sweet payday. There's no denying that Ferguson deserves it more than Cowboy does.

Back