How about Alexander Volkanovski vs Frankie Edgar?

Druken_Vovchanchyn

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
This seems like a good No 1 contender fight. IMO

I will take frankie via cardio, slick boxing and overall experience. Chad was doing pretty good before he gassed and frankie is just a better fighter (with less power of course)

who you guys got?

It makes too much sense to happen.

They're my two favorite active Featherweights, but I'll root for Edgar because I've been a fan of his forever. I wouldn't be surprised to see volkanovski take the win, though.

If Edgar wins, I'd expect a late finish or a decision.

I love Edgar but this Volkanovski dude is on another level

I think Volk takes it

Frankie aint getting any younger, dude's like 35/36

Edgar takes him if he doesn't get caught. Volkanovski is coming off of a breakout performance but the rest of his resume isn't that impressive IMHO. He might continue to impress but still has question marks for me. Edgar UD

Max is going Up to face Ferg

So book it for the strap

Great fight to make and makes sense! Hard fight for Alex imo. CARN ozzy! Love Frankie but his on his way out.

Edgar takes him if he doesn't get caught. Volkanovski is coming off of a breakout performance but the rest of his resume isn't that impressive IMHO. He might continue to impress but still has question marks for me. Edgar UD

He's shown a lot of skill in the ufc thus far. I think he's the worst match up for Max right now because of his power and his wrestling. The guy dropped Elkins twice. Stephens and johnson couldn't even drop that juggernaut once. His striking is underrated, so is his wrestling, actually......he's just underrated period.

Still, I'd root for Edgar to find a way to win.

nah, let aldo beat all of holloway's future title fights for him

As fun as this fight would be... Give Frankie his title shot!

I like it. Their wrestling would likely cancel each other out, so it would be a stand up war. Not sure who I would favor. Depends on what Frankie has left in the tank.

Volkan turns him into cat food and I get to stop hearing about Frankie and title shots

He's shown a lot of skill in the ufc thus far. I think he's the worst match up for Max right now because of his power and his wrestling. The guy dropped Elkins twice. Stephens and johnson couldn't even drop that juggernaut once. His striking is underrated, so is his wrestling, actually......he's just underrated period.

Still, I'd root for Edgar to find a way to win.
He has shown a lot of skill but his level of competition has been subpar for the most part. He absolutely could be a threat to the title and has a shot against Edgar but I am holding back judgment until he gets a win on that next level. He is definitely a future star in the division but Edgar might still be too much for him at this point.
It's a good fight to make

Frankie Edgar in MMA years is an old man in a walker. Retire please, from a fan.

yeah, especially if max is moving up to LW as recent reports suggest. Do Aldo/Ortega for the belt in curitiba and Frankie/Volk as the number one contender bout. the UFC would just have to hope that it doesn't set up Aldo/Frankie 3

Yeah... this might happen and if I were to bet on it I think Alex would take it unfortunately. Still though, I hope Frankie would win and I'd root for him regardless.

As fun as this fight would be... Give Frankie his title shot!
Why, he hasn't done anything recently to deserve it? If Tony Max eventuates this is really the only fight to make. If the aforementioned bout falls though give Volk the next shot, the man's been on a tear with a 16 fight win streak, Frankie's one win removed from getting destroyed by Ortega.

Back