Why is the UFC not booking GSP/Khabib?

Dbreiden83080

Andle My Riddum
@Titanium
Reaction score
Khabib again today with this news of GSP retiring called out GSP asking for the fight, before he retires. They both want it. So what is the point of not doing it? It’s one last big fight for GSP. Khabib Can still go on and fight all the contenders in his division win or lose. I don’t get it? What’s the downside?

Pink goof

GSP and his team have been in talks with the UFC for months trying to make this fight happen.

But hopefully with the added pressure from Khabib speaking up and his management team, pink goof will crack and make it happen.

They don't need GSP royally screwing another division. You see the mess that is the MW division.

Because any reasonable man knows that Kebab has no path to victory in that fight and it's not a good look for UFC to have GSP come in and steal belts in 185 and 155 and then run off into the sunset

Because any reasonable man knows that Kebab has no path to victory in that fight and it's not a good look for UFC to have GSP come in and steal belts in 185 and 155 and then run off into the sunset
wad blown
give nambar

They don't need GSP royally screwing another division. You see the mess that is the MW division.
GSP didn’t screw anything, no one actually considered Bisping the true champ. The MW title fight was always Romero and Whittaker.

What does that have to do with GSP? Robert Whittaker still pulls out of his last fight no matter what happens with GSP.

Get your head out of your ass, GSP will be 38 in November, he isn't beating Khabib at 155.

GSP can't cut to 155 anyway. This fight would either be at a catch weight of 165 or at 170 but with no belt on the line.

Khabib is suspended and GSP is retiring.
The UFC should defiantly book it.

If GSP would have taken his beating from Whittaker then I assume Dana would have no problem gifting him another title shot.

However...GSP did the curly shuffle on Dana/Middleweight division and now doesn’t get to call any shots.

Last edited:
GSP even he wins will vacate meaning who ever gets the strap next has very little credibility, it also greats a cluster fuck ala middleweight division, considering the Lightweight division is messed up as it is the UFC don’t need GSP making it worse
Khabib also only has one defence and most saw as a unification bout, he shouldn’t be in super fight talks

Very strong risk of damaging khabib without being able to take the profits from George as he won’t fight again. Khabib can beat him but his style will never let him be THE DRAW of the company. More to lose than win.

If GSP would have taken his beating from Whittaker than I assume Dana would have no problem gifting him another title shot.

However...GSP did the curly shuffle on Dana/Middleweight division and now doesn’t get to call any shots.
GSP saved MW from Bisping , If the GOAT didnt come and save the division by beating up Ping he would have been fighting weak opponents/good matchups like Anderson Silva , Dan Henderson , Elias Theodorou maybe

I highly doubt the UFC was the roadblock in this fight happening or not. They win every which way with this fight going down from a business standpoint.

My guess is, Khabib camp asked for McGregor type money for this fight and it stopped there. Yes, this fight will sell big but not 2 million buys big. I'd say it pulls maybe 1 million buys area.

The UFC has also told Khabib to go knock his 3 months off his suspension and he seems to be opposed to that also.

Back