The UFC of today exists to make money right?

GiSP

Canada or USA. I’m an International Man of Misery
Banned
Reaction score
I wonder how Dana’s bosses and the shareholders in the company feel about Dana throwing away millions just so he can be petty about GSP. He wanted to return before he did. Only to have Dana lowball him and screw him around because he had his boy McGregor selling like wildfire.

The company that has made it so Jones* can compete dirty to his bones. Even moving a whole card 6 days out to another state at a cost of many millions. Just to let this cheat fight and continue to make money for the UFC.

Yet this petty disgusting dishonest human, Dana keeps one of the biggest earners in company history on the shelf for years. Just because he doesn’t like GSP?

That man is running this shitshow into the ground. And I just wonder how many people see the obvious hypocrisy and stupidity at play here. GSP doesn’t need the money. He makes millions every year from sponsors. And doesn’t spend his money like a drunken sailor. Dana can’t “control” him as he does others and it drives him batshit. So he tries to hurt him the only way he can. By not allowing him to fight at all. But GSP doesn’t really like fighting so that’s not much of a punishment either. Dana can’t win that battle no matter what he does.

Dana’s been treating GSP like crap since Juiced Johny failed to beat him. Khabib is a similar case too imo. Neither guy gives a damn about Dana White or his petty childish games. That’s some great decision making there Dana. I can see all the money NOT rolling in. But after this Jones* debacle I’ve written off ALL legitimacy of the UFC, their belts, and their rankings. Cain at number 7 is just the latest example. I treat it like I treat the WWE now. It’s not a real sport. There is clear corruption and the playing field is not level. But in pro wrestling that’s all part of the backstory. I still watch the UFC. But come on.

The UFC...As unreal as it gets.

GSP fighting is a guaranteed way to make money for a company that has investors. But suddenly making money doesn’t matter??? It’s beyond time for this souless relic Dana White to be sent out to pasture. The company is losing a stronger asset and bigger money maker than Dana tomorrow. One that was the face of the company for longer than Ronda and McGregor put together. But that’s their problem. Sleep with dogs and wake up with fleas.

Lorenzo was the cool-headed guy who made thing rights with fighter who butted heads with the bald bozo....

He's gone now, and GSP is far from the only one who currently have issues with the UFC nowadays....

Last edited:
And what if he pulled the same crap as after the bisping fight? From a business standpoint why invest in a guy who’s just gonna up and leave? Dana did the right thing. You’re not thinking this through from a long term business perspective.

They are thinking long term. Having GSP come in and beat their undefeated phenom and then retire would fuck up the division and is not a good look.

Tell us how you really feel. Don’t hold back.

That biggest earner has costed the UFC millions and royally screwed the MW division.

What happened to "I'm contractually obligated to defend the title if I win?"

I wonder how Dana’s bosses and the shareholders in the company feel about Dana throwing away millions just so he can be petty about GSP. He wanted to return before he did. Only to have Dana lowball him and screw him around because he had his boy McGregor selling like wildfire.

The company that has made it so Jones* can compete dirty to his bones. Even moving a whole card 6 days out to another state at a cost of many millions. Just to let this cheat fight and continue to make money for the UFC.

Yet this petty disgusting dishonest human, Dana keeps one of the biggest earners in company history on the shelf for years. Just because he doesn’t like GSP?

That man is running this shitshow into the ground. And I just wonder how many people see the obvious hypocrisy and stupidity at play here. GSP doesn’t need the money. He makes millions every year from sponsors. And doesn’t spend his money like a drunken sailor. Dana can’t “control” him as he does others and it drives him batshit. So he tries to hurt him the only way he can. By not allowing him to fight at all. But GSP doesn’t really like fighting so that’s not much of a punishment either. Dana can’t win that battle no matter what he does.

Dana’s been treating GSP like crap since Juiced Johny failed to beat him. Khabib is a similar case too imo. Neither guy gives a damn about Dana White or his petty childish games. That’s some great decision making there Dana. I can see all the money NOT rolling in. But after this Jones* debacle I’ve written off ALL legitimacy of the UFC, their belts, and their rankings. Cain at number 7 is just the latest example. I treat it like I treat the WWE now. It’s not a real sport. There is clear corruption and the playing field is not level. But in pro wrestling that’s all part of the backstory. I still watch the UFC. But come on.

GSP fighting is a guaranteed way to make money for a company that has investors. But suddenly making money doesn’t matter??? It’s beyond time for this souless relic Dana White to be sent out to pasture. The company is losing a stronger asset and bigger money maker than Dana tomorrow. One that was the face of the company for longer than Ronda and McGregor put together. But that’s their problem. Sleep with dogs and wake up with fleas.

Dana is an employee of those ultra-wealthy owners.
No way he made the decision regarding GSP.

Dana is an employee of those ultra-wealthy owners.
No way he made the decision regarding GSP.
This and this and this!
Dana isn’t the 100% boss anymore. The Fertitas mat have let him run the UFC anyway he wanted, but WME seems to be keeping him on a shorter leash. If WME wanted GSP vs Khabib we would get it no matter what Dana says.

People forget GSP totally played UFC/Dana/WME when he came back from retirement for a gimmie fight with Bisping.

Good for GSP, but they won't be as gullible again.

I'm glad GSP fucked with Dana and made him look like an idiot but it's time to move on. Georges was given the free title shot at MW that he wanted and then bailed.

People forget GSP totally played UFC/Dana/WME when he came back from retirement for a gimmie fight with Bisping.

Good for GSP, but they won't be as gullible again.
oh no, he got 1up over a one the most One-sided business ever.

The UFC played with fighters a thousand times before....

And what if he pulled the same crap as after the bisping fight? From a business standpoint why invest in a guy who’s just gonna up and leave? Dana did the right thing. You’re not thinking this through from a long term business perspective.

What if McGregor had beaten Khabib and fucked off with the belt for another couple of years?

Oh you mean Dana’s pets are allowed to do as they please?

Nowhere in my post did I say anything about GSP fighting Khabib. Read my words, without inferring your own thoughts. Even if I had. If the UFC had got the NSAC to play ball with Khabib and his teammates like they’ve now done twice for McGregor. And like they’ve done for Jones.

Khabib could have been back quickly and fought Tony in the spring. Then GSP in the fall. If GSP had won the belt he could have vacated opening it up for McGregor to get another shot at it.

It’s not hard, and if you’re going to come at me you better do better than this piss poor excuse you just tabled. They would have made money.

Since its inception, the UFC has existed to make money

oh no, he got 1up over a one the most One-sided business ever.

The UFC played with fighters a thousand times before....

No kidding
Where did I say to feel bad for UFC?

I just said they won't do it again

No kidding
Where did I say to feel bad for UFC?

I just said they won't do it again
Probably right, but it's not like Khabib seem to be easy to deal with.

Might strip him anyway,
that's why I thought this one could get done.

He's not being petty. Giving GSP the fight at 155 when there's like 5 psuedo champions in that division would have been a disgrace given what that divisions been through the last few years. Dana made the right call to say no especially after what GSP did with the 185 belt when he was allowed to cut the line. With title defenses you've got to win a lot to be special, with "champ champ champ" BS you get to be a legend off of one fight. GSP shouldn't have been allowed to call two of his two title shots in different divisions. Even Conor can't do that. Lots of issues with Dana don't know how you're going to convince people this is one of them.

In case you hadn't noticed GSP left the sport in 2013 and came back for one fight in a different division and wanted to go down two divisions. Clearly the dude is collecting belts and at least Conor had the decency to lie about doing that and pretend he'd defend his belts. I'm sure GSP would have been welcome to get the next 170 title shot especially with how Colby's been acting. GSP is the one who didn't want that and who on Rogan's podcast said very clearly that if he's back he "doesn't want to do the same thing as before". There ain't room for GSP at 155, he could have had a reign at 185 but he decided he didn't want to do that either. 155 has Tony, Porierer, Al, Cerrone, Lee and apparently even Max Holloway. GSP would be a nuisance at 155 even if he decided to be champ again, he's a larger dude cutting down possibly ruining a bunch of un established superstars.

Dana didn't keep GSP on the shelf for years either. GSP took a leave of his absence of his own free will back in 2013 and came back and was granted an immediate title shot cutting like 3 contenders who'd been patiently waiting in line. Don't know where you got that info from but it's not true. GSP also announced that right after a fight almost everyone thought he lost and Dana was at least at the PC, upset about GSP retiring under those circumstances.

Old UFC = Old Gucci Mane
about the money but more real

New UFC = new Gucci
Can't believe it is the same guy. More hollywood. But still about that money.

Probably right, but it's not like Khabib seem to be easy to deal with.

Might strip him anyway,
that's why I thought this one could get done.

I didn't
UFC wants Khabib to defend the title
over 10 million people (more like 15-20m) saw him win it, they want another payoff

Back