Wilder vs Ngannou with 4 oz gloves in the octagon

MMA4Life

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
It would be wildly entertaining. Wilder would be a monstrous favorite he isn’t a “pure boxer” by boxing standards but he still has a much higher technical advantage over Ngannou. This is all theoretical anyways so I say make it in the octagon with *BOXING RULES* for the eff of it. I think it would add a unique element. Joshua vs Ngannou isn’t the theoretical fight the people need. It’s Wilder vs Ngannou.<{outtahere}>

Last edited:
Ngannou knocks Wilder the fuck out in boxing or MMA

They both have shitty technique and swing wild hooks but Ngannou is 50lbs heavier, has a far better chin, more power, and is used to smaller gloves

They both have shitty technique and swing wild hooks but Ngannou is 50lbs heavier, has a far better chin, and is used to smaller gloves

Does Ngannou really swing wild hooks though? He got sloppy against Stipe and started chasing, but he usually fires pretty crisp and fast stuff. Almost all of his knockouts were pretty clean throws, not looping or wild punches.

Wilder should have to prove himself against Greg Hardy first to earn a shot at Ngannou.

Hardy and Ngannou are actual A-level athletes. One was a pro-bowl NFL lineman and the other would have been had he grown up in the US. Wilder couldn't cut it in college football and then decided to become HW GOAT in an F-level sport.

Does Ngannou really swing wild hooks though? He got sloppy against Stipe and started chasing, but he usually fires pretty crisp and fast stuff. Almost all of his knockouts were pretty clean throws, not looping or wild punches.
You're right, that's another advantage he has over Wilder.

They both have shitty technique and swing wild hooks but Ngannou is 50lbs heavier, has a far better chin, and is used to smaller gloves
<mma4>You make some valid points. I think you may be discrediting Wilder’s power a bit though. This fight will never happen. It would be more fun to me though than Ngannou vs Joshua theoretical fight.

<mma4>You make some valid points. I think you may be discrediting Wilder’s power a bit though. This fight will never happen. It would be more fun to me though than Ngannou vs Joshua theoretical fight.

Heck we don't even get to see Joshua vs Wilder for fucks sake, and they are in the same sport.

Wilder is a lot faster and hits way harder.

Francis has 50 lbs on him and would get folded

Ngannou breaks his chicken leg
Deontay-Wilder.jpg

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Heck we don't even get to see Joshua vs Wilder for fucks sake, and they are in the same sport.
Joshua could have had that fight before Wilder fought Fury. But he was making a ton of demands to the point where it got petty. Now he is the B-side if they ever do fight.

Wilder is way quicker and just as powerful

He throws good technique most of the time, but when he gets desperate or has somebody hurt he goes Windmill mode

Wilder is a lot faster and hits way harder.

Francis has 50 lbs on him and would get folded
Yeah and it would be boxing rules. He weighed in at 212 against Fury and Wilder never seems to lose his power or speed through 12 rounds. They both hit so hard it’s a wash. Wilder might break his hands in the 4oz gloves though. Also this fight will never happen. I just think if Sherdog is going to be putting Ngannou in theoretical fights against pro boxers it’s Wilder not Joshua that would be the one to make.

Ngannou could kick his legs off or submit him in the octagon. Wilder would murder him with one punch in the boxing ring.

Wilder would probably lay him out with his first punch.

Back