UFC devalued interim belts by not giving Colby his title shot

Dianabol

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Interim belts have never held much value compared to the real thing but if anything it guaranteed the interim title holder a shot at the legitimate title. Well not anymore I guess, UFC passed over Colby for Till and Usman despite Colby being the interim champ.

So now I care even less about interim title fights. Adesanaya vs Gastelum for an interim belt doesn't get me excited, it's a good fight but having an interim belt on the line just makes me cringe. Just strip Whittaker or do a #1 contender fight, sick of these fake belts.

not really. Everyone knows Colby talked his way out of his position. He was trying too hard, not funny and unoriginal. oh, and a boring fighter. talk shit about your boss at work like that and let us know how that works out for you lol

They were devalued years ago, especially when Conor was holding up the divisions.

No one gives a fuck about Colby. If he was cut today most people would forget he even existed.

I agree there are too many interim fights, but didn't Colby supposedly turn down the title fight offered to him? Not sure if he was hurt or not, but the UFC keeps rolling. That's how it goes.

Dana was stripping interim belts left and right

Colby screwed Colby.... he's a Chael Sonnen knockoff only not as witty as Chael/Conor/etc

Lmao at these threads Colby ducked his way out of his "title shot"

So you're saying they devalued something that for a lot of people, are valueless anyway?

No one gives a fuck about Colby. If he was cut today most people would forget he even existed.
Well he beat RDA soundly I at least want to see all the shit talk come to a head with Woodley but lay and pray Usman got the fight instead.

Way too many noobs around here these days

<{clintugh}>

Interim titles were always a place holder. While I don’t like Colby at all, I feel like they really screwed him over and did essentially devalue interim titles at the same time. Hopefully this is a one time thing

Fighters get paid much much more when they fight for an interim belt, I don't get how you guys are pro fighters but somehow also want the UFC to stop it with the interim belts.

I think Colby is injured or something, I don't believe a word he says and the UFC seems to be playing along. We know he refused to fight Woodley at least once and called it "fake news" then later said it was true.

Interim belts have never held much value compared to the real thing but if anything it guaranteed the interim title holder a shot at the legitimate title. Well not anymore I guess, UFC passed over Colby for Till and Usman despite Colby being the interim champ.

So now I care even less about interim title fights. Adesanaya vs Gastelum for an interim belt doesn't get me excited, it's a good fight but having an interim belt on the line just makes me cringe. Just strip Whittaker or do a #1 contender fight, sick of these fake belts.
This is actually a fight where an Interim Title would be justified but you are right that they are devalued now more than ever. Colby is one reason especially since he was stripped weeks after winning it and Tyron fought a month later IIRC. Ferguson simply being stripped as well. Why didn't he get to keep it and be guaranteed winner of Conor vs Khabib? Even Max vs Pettis being made an Interim Title when Aldo was Interim and promoted to undisputed because they finally stripped Conor. The biggest part is that all fights lose meaning as it means very little in climbing the rankings to get to the title.

Back