Anyone watch UFC on ESPN 1 at a bar?

chrisdiaz

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Well, what I feared had happened. I went to a casual restaurant to eat during the fights. Outback Steakhouse. They have a nice bar etc...

5 minutes before the fights start they change the channel to the NBA channel that is showing a re-run of the allstar game. I ask the bartender to turn at least one on to ESPN. He states "we cant showing the fighting stuff on TV at our restaurant." I closed out and went down to BJ's, another chain. Same thing happened.
I went to another chain bar and they had it on. After about 30 minutes of watching the manager comes over and turns the channel. I ask him to turn it back and im told they cant show it.

Has anyone else had this problem? While I understand sports bars wont be impacted, I was hoping for some more exposure at places like these to attract more casuals. Im in commiefornia so it probably is related.

TLDR:
-Chain restaurants wont show ufc, even on espn.
-had the same problem with FS1
-I am and sound poor

Bro, you ate at three restaurants in a row, you sound rich

giphy.gif

It doesn't surprise me that "family" establishments still view MMA as barbaric

They were just being polite saying they can't show it, but in reality they just didn't want to loose customers showing it. Especially when the women fights come on people start walking out in droves.

With the three tabs you opened and closed you could have probably paid for some kind of online tv service that includes ESPN or Fight Pass & a VPN.

The bar where I sometimes watch the free TV fights isn't technically supposed to show them, but the bartender is my buddy, and an MMA fan, so he puts them on anyway.

Just watch it at home like the rest of us.

Watching sports at bars is for people who don't have the attention span to sit and watch something in their own home.

Well, not to sound too insulting, but youre a moron. You went to chains expecting to see fights when there isnt a single fucking doubt that some sports bar or just bar where you live had it on. Stop being a fucking goofus haha

It's Saturday Night near Midnight, and you got a bunch of drunks at the bar, and they won't show a fight on TV. Makes sense..

Well, not to sound too insulting, but youre a moron. You went to chains expecting to see fights when there isnt a single fucking doubt that some sports bar or just bar where you live had it on. Stop being a fucking goofus haha

Applebee's used to show UFC fights.

Just watch it at home like the rest of us.

Watching sports at bars is for people who don't have the attention span to sit and watch something in their own home.
And also like over priced drinks served by young big tittied, round assed females in tights

Well, what I feared had happened. I went to a casual restaurant to eat during the fights. Outback Steakhouse. They have a nice bar etc...

5 minutes before the fights start they change the channel to the NBA channel that is showing a re-run of the allstar game. I ask the bartender to turn at least one on to ESPN. He states "we cant showing the fighting stuff on TV at our restaurant." I closed out and went down to BJ's, another chain. Same thing happened.
I went to another chain bar and they had it on. After about 30 minutes of watching the manager comes over and turns the channel. I ask him to turn it back and im told they cant show it.

Has anyone else had this problem? While I understand sports bars wont be impacted, I was hoping for some more exposure at places like these to attract more casuals. Im in commiefornia so it probably is related.

TLDR:
-Chain restaurants wont show ufc, even on espn.
-had the same problem with FS1
-I am and sound poor

You should've gone to a 2nd tier strip bar. BYOB, you could've watched the event and maybe even got a lap dance from some former ring girls or felice herrig.

Back