Cruz is the best color commentator working in the UFC

Raksas

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Sure if all you want to get out of the commentary is "THUG ROOOOOOOSE THUG ROOOOSE", your IQ is below 90 and you have no interest in learning anything about the techniques and strategies that are unfolding in front of you, then you're better off with someone else. I myself love his commentary because he is the only one who seems to want to educate the audience in all aspects of mma. That's what color commentary should be. Sure he has his ups and downs but who doesn't. Every commentator done a shit job at one point in his career. On a good night he is easily the best commentator in the UFC though.

I completely agree. Rogan just howls about things he's imagining/wants to happen, DC harps on about the negatives in every single fight and has an annoying voice, and Felder is green.

He's ok when he's not paired with Rogan. Those two have zero synergy. Cruz basically berates and ridicules him the whole time and it takes away from the overall presentation.

Hes the worst.

He is truly terrible.

Amazing at the desk though

He’s not as smart as people seem to want to think. I don’t mind him that much though

I said it in another thread because it bugged me: Dom said that Francis outweighed Cain by at least 30lbs in-cage

not even close

Francis didn’t cut any weight and Cain weighed in at 248

He’s not as smart as people seem to want to think. I don’t mind him that much though

I said it in another thread because it bugged me: Dom said that Francis outweighed Cain by at least 30lbs in-cage

not even close

Francis didn’t cut any weight and Cain weighed in at 248

He is smart when it comes to mma though. Very smart. That's all that counts to me.

Sure if all you want to get out of the commentary is "THUG ROOOOOOOSE THUG ROOOOSE", your IQ is below 90 and you have no interest in learning anything about the techniques and strategies that are unfolding in front of you, then you're better off with someone else. I myself love his commentary because he is the only one who seems to want to educate the audience in all aspects of mma. That's what color commentary should be. Sure he has his ups and downs but who doesn't. Every commentator done a shit job at one point in his career. On a good night he is easily the best commentator in the UFC though.
No he isn't. You're entitled to your opinion though.

Not even top3 IMO.

I thoroughly dislike Cruz whenever he decides to speak. I've never heard anyone who so clearly displays his superiority complex in his voice. Clear Napoleon complex from a lifetime of being the smallest guy in the gym.

P4P all-time great and GOAT Bantamweight btw.
I like your post although I disagree with the last sentence.

I thoroughly dislike Cruz whenever he decides to speak. I've never heard anyone who so clearly displays his superiority complex in his voice. Clear Napoleon complex from a lifetime of being the smallest guy in the gym.

Thank god he found fighting and became one of the best of all time

Would have been the smartest dude working at a gas station without it

I completely agree. Rogan just uses existential reasoning power gained from micro-dosing dmt in a submersion tank to let us mere mortals know whats happening, DC harps on about reliving the horrible experience of being knocked out in every single fight and has an annoying voice, and Felder is green.

ftfy

Even if he had a superiority complex, and I strongly disagree with that assessment, he still is the only commentator where I learn something about the sport almost every time he calls a fight. So I wouldn't care

i go with Cruz is THE WORST!!!

maybe the worst of all time

He is smart when it comes to mma though. Very smart. That's all that counts to me.
Fair enough

he obviously knows way way more than me, so

I honestly don’t have a problem with any of the commentators from Rogan to Fitzgerald

Back