How good was Nobuhiko Takada?

JustOnce

On Hiatus
@Gold
Reaction score
PRIDE veteran, in a way a face of PRIDEFC, I think the senior to Sakuraba, the legend, in the same gym or something like that.

I know people shit on Takada a lot, and talk about fake fights and what not, and he has a shit record, but he took Rickson down and was going for heel hooks on Rickson from guard.

This guy fought

Rickson Gracie x 2
Royce Gracie
Prime Mark Kerr
Prime Mark Coleman
Prime Mirko
Prime Igor
Prime Bernardo
Prime Tamura

They talk about Cain being the greatest heavyweight of all time, but argubly this guy faced a better competition.

diapered Takada is untouchable.

literally, no one wants to touch him like that.

CM Punk is better than the threads you start.

outchch.gif

All his MMA fights were works
Not really, tho a few were

I was watching Takada and Gary Albright and Kiyoshi Tamura (who later on knocked Takada out for real in early Pride), Kandahar, Sakuraba in a Japanese promotion called Bushido (way before Pride) which I didn’t know was their version of pro wrestling till I was a lot older and it’s what got me into Pride and UFC later on

He was their biggest star by far and had a great rivalry with Gary Albright

Those were the days man

PRIDE veteran, in a way a face of PRIDEFC, I think the senior to Sakuraba, the legend, in the same gym or something like that.

I know people shit on Takada a lot, and talk about fake fights and what not, and he has a shit record, but he took Rickson down and was going for heel hooks on Rickson from guard.

This guy fought

Rickson Gracie x 2
Royce Gracie
Prime Mark Kerr
Prime Mark Coleman
Prime Mirko
Prime Igor
Prime Bernardo
Prime Tamura

They talk about Cain being the greatest heavyweight of all time, but argubly this guy faced a better competition.
Facing a high level of competition is not = beating a high level of competition.

It's impossible to know because he was a big wig who was involved in fixed fights.

I remember being very impressed that he lasted so long against Igor and Crocop, but there's no way to know they weren't paid to carry his ass.

Remember Tamura knocked him the fuck out and then acted scared, like it was an accident and he didn't mean to KO him.

Enson Inoue says he's a bitch too

Not really, tho a few were

I was watching Takada and Gary Albright and Kiyoshi Tamura (who later on knocked Takada out for real in early Pride), Kandahar, Sakuraba in a Japanese promotion called Bushido (way before Pride) which I didn’t know was their version of pro wrestling till I was a lot older and it’s what got me into Pride and UFC later on

He was their biggest star by far and had a great rivalry with Gary Albright

Those were the days man
Tne Gary Albright full Nelso suplex looked brutal

He was good at handing out checks...that lead to a victory on his record...

Was also pretty good at grabbing into Sakus and Matsuis pockets...

Outstanding at playing the drums allmost butt-naked...that was probably the most awesome thing about him...

Back