Cain Velazquez appreciation thread

thelittleman

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
upload_2019-2-18_15-10-23.jpeg

Forget the haters. I will always support one of the best to ever do it, and a class act!

my favorite fight of his was JDS vs Cain 1.

I’d like to appreciate him.........but it’s hard when he can’t seem to log many minutes in the octagon

He lost at least once. He was never good.

Too bad injuries have taken his prime... Will never forget his fight with Brock... taught the beast how to breakdance.

Prime Cain is the 2nd best mma HW i ever seen, after only Fedor

Cain was the man. So sad injuries broke his career.

I'd never thought in 2013 that by now Cain and Jones wouldn't be the undoubted GOATs.

Lifes funny tho

Prime Cain is the 2nd best mma HW i ever seen, after only Fedor
GleamingDifficultIndianrockpython-small.gif

I'm not a hater i like him a lot and was my favourite hw fighter but is a big pill to swallow, i can't appreciate him for back in the cage after years and get ko in 20 seconds..it's a shit man.

One of the great “what if?” stories in MMA. He had a number of memorable fights, including whooping my man Brock’s ass. He was a beast in his sadly shortened prime.

Seems like a good guy, a great fighter, and always brought the violence. I don't agree with where you have him ranked, but to each their own.

i cant believe the hate a former champ like him gets. injuries are somehow a reason to say a fighter isnt good its crazy

What's so special about him? He only beat Brock and Junior.
And the third fight with Junior was rushed.

Will always be a fan, win or lose I'm still here.

Let's hope he is okay and tries again this year it will make me a happy camper.

Dangerous fight to take back and seems it was too much too soon so maybe smaller steps now no pun intended. :D

I appreciate his ability to consistently stay injured.

I was dumbfounded that he managed to blow his knee out in only 26 seconds.

Best scowl in the business. And the most brown pride.

Great fighter, underwhelming career. One of the biggest wasted talents in MMA history. Not even sure I'd put him in my top 5 all time HW rankings. Certainly top ten though.

Forgot to mention previously, but the dude is a class act. Major respect for him publicly praising Ngannou after losing in heartbreaking fashion.

Cain was a really, really, really great fighter in his prime. We have to learn to appreciate people for what they actually were and not add too much seasoning. I always thought he was the goat..but looking back, I think he is considered the goat based on a bunch of if's..if he didn't get injured all the time...if he fought so and so, he would have beat them. I think his drag them into deep water and drown the shit out of them style is so beautiful, we overlook his actual accomplishments. IMO to actually be the real goat, you have to get the title and have a great reign..Cain fought for a whole two years and only fought the same two men..since that he only beat Travis Browne and nobody he beat before that is going into the HW hof except Big Nog. That's just facts unfortunately. Two things in MMA that have absolutely broken my heart..Cain's lack of Octagon time and great match-ups...and never seeing Tony vs Khabib.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back