*How good is Askren's chin and striking defense in order to nulify Lawler's puncher's chance?*

According to Woodley, Askren has no weakness, last time i listened to a stablemates interpretation of a fighters ability Cain got dropped and blew out both his knees in 25 seconds so...

Last edited:
I dont know lawler is not the same guy he used to be a couple of years ago

off to the library to get to the bottom of all this

Biggest fight of the card by a country mile. War Robbie Lawler.

Askrens chin is crazy.
And askrens fucked up strikers and some good ones.

Lawler has no chance keeping the fight standing. But hey what do i know

I dont think his chin and striking defense is as good as Robbie TDD honestly. I dont know if that will matter.

Predict a boring ass decision.
How did they match the biggest trash talker with the only ww that’s says nothing

Well...we may or may not find out when they fight. The real question here is whether or not Lawler can keep the fight standing.

I normally do not support the "he never fought anyone" narrative or "he has a padded record because he only fights cans" but with Asken it is in fact true. Would not be surprised if he is exposed.
upload_2019-2-18_17-32-35.png

I normally do not support the "he never fought anyone" narrative or "he has a padded record because he only fights cans" but with Asken it is in fact true. Would not be surprised if he is exposed.
View attachment 527107
Lima's a nobody? Dude would wreck all but 3 or 4 guys at 170 in the UFC and good amount of them at 185

The problem with giving any insight in this fight is that it is Askren's first time fighting anyone worth a shit, so nobody really knows how good or overrated he might be until he fights Lawler.

what I see is Askren has had 9 fights in the last six years with only 1 decision and no losses.

I think the guy is definitely worthy of a shot in the ufc.

according to sherdog everyone not in the ufc is a can.

give the man a chance, at least he finishes fights.

According to Woodley, Askren has no weakness, last time i listened to a stablemates interpretation of a fighters ability Cain got dropped and blew out both his knees in 25 seconds so...

But Lawler is a guy who blew out his knee recently. Couple years ago I would say Lawler KOs Askren by stopping his takedowns and pressure him, Askren striking sucks. However last time Lawler lost to RDA and he had serious knee injury so imo Askren can grind decision victory. 50/50 on paper cause Robbie stylistically is hard matchup for him and he can still knock you out quicky.

Lima's a nobody? Dude would wreck all but 3 or 4 guys at 170 in the UFC and good amount of them at 185

Lima and Koreshkov improved takedowns defense a lot since Askren loss. Hieron was close to win this. If Robbie is not done yet then Askren will be fighting against his biggest test in his career plus octagon debut.

Lmao at people thinking Robbie has a chance. If RDA managed to take him down, Askren will ragdoll him with zero effort. Robbie doesn't even have a puncher's chance in this fight, since Askren's chin is solid and he has taken almost no damage throughout his career.

But Lawler is a guy who blew out his knee recently. Couple years ago I would say Lawler KOs Askren by stopping his takedowns and pressure him, Askren striking sucks. However last time Lawler lost to RDA and he had serious knee injury so imo Askren can grind decision victory. 50/50 on paper cause Robbie stylistically is hard matchup for him and he can still knock you out quicky.

I agree, i watched a bunch of Askren fights and some of the shots he took were from far away against much lesser competition. Robbie is the man, to me he took Hendersons role as being a tough sob that punishes people. I can only think of Twoodley that walked away from a fight with Robbie without taking serious damage. I hope the fight isn't a flop and we get the fight we are expecting.

I think he will struggle to take Lawler down and will get ko'd

Back