Cool video of DC coaching HS wrestling and arguing with refs.

jjdowns

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score

This doesn’t seem to be just a little thing on the side he does for good PR. There’s numerous videos of DC being heavily involved with the HS wrestling program.

DC can’t be a nicer guy.

How does he find the time?

He can't be a nicer guy? Howabout not arguing with the refs like that?

If you coach, you’re going to argue with refs. It happens.

True, but DC is an argumentative sort to begin with. He doesn't like other people having the last word. Remember how he and Cruz squabbled at the end of the broadcast of UFC Orlando? Hell, he actually threw a shoe at Jones once.

In fact, I suspect one of the reasons Cormier coaches and is so good at it is that he really gets off on telling people what to do...

He can't be a nicer guy? Howabout not arguing with the refs like that?
Bro, arguing with the ref happens all the time in high school wrestling and even more so in college wrestling. It has nothing to do with being a nice guy.

Can you imagine being a volunteer ref and having a HW champ and former Olympian explaining stuff to you in the middle of a match? I'm sure he's super polite about it though

True, but DC is an argumentative sort to begin with. He doesn't like other people having the last word. Remember how he and Cruz squabbled at the end of the broadcast of UFC Orlando? Hell, he actually threw a shoe at Jones once.

In fact, I suspect one of the reasons Cormier coaches and is so good at it is that he really gets off on telling people what to do...

You seem pretty argumentative yourself too.

Takes one to know one, as they say.

But i'm not judging fighters to be argumentative. Just wondering why you do when you're just as much as him, if not more.

But i'm not judging fighters to be argumentative. Just wondering why you do when you're just as much as him, if not more.

Ah you mistake my meaning, sir. I was insinuating that I am indeed argumentative, thus I know how to judge argumentativeness by my own experience—and was actually agreeing with you on that point!

Back