Cain is wreckless and just a little chinny, that's what makes DC more of winner

Kaiserjuan

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Even in his prime, Cain exposed himself to getting caught cause he is somewhat wreckless and likes to bang. Got caught by Kongo, kod by JDS, stunned by JDS in 2nd fight, clipped several times by werdum...don't get me wrong his chin is OK, it's just that he s fighting beasts , men much bigger and powerful than himself. Even granite chins like hunt and Nelson get finished at HW, still Cain's chin isn't amongst the best and DC, for sure, has a much better chin.

Other problem is his awareness, meaning he doesn't have that scared look on him which sometimes DC has when you see him kinda dodging and backing away from big power, putting his lead hand forwards. If you look at the stipe fight DC was very wary whilst striking at range: quick nasty jabs and 1-2s and when Stipe thinks he's walking him down, boom DC explodes and kos him cold unexpectedly. Even with Rumble, same thing....very quick in and out exchanges.

Cain, on the other hand, is more of a savage and does not usually back off when he feels huge power coming at him. His wrecklesness and his ordinary chin in both training and fighting might be/have been his demise.

Watch the fight last night. He's a little sloppy in his attack on Francis, but he went down without being hit hard anywhere. Glass knees.

EDIT: I just rewatched it in slow mo and I was wrong. His knee did buckle, but there was a short uppercut just before. He was knocked out.

Last edited:
Cain absolutely destroyed his biggest rival twice at the peak of both of their careers.

We all know what happened to DC. He couldn't do it facing the real man. Daddy Jones.

Cormier would have been cracked and finished a few times at HW.
As would Jones.

DC > Cain, easily in terms of career and/or resume. If they were to go head-to-head in a public event, I'd probably take DC despite all the years of him telling us that Cain is the better man.

Cain is stronger faster and bigger than DC..... Francis ko DC rd 1

Watch the fight last night. He's a little sloppy in his attack on Francis, but he went down without being hit hard anywhere. Glass knees
Man if you look at the gifs you can see that uppercut hit him flush on the chin and Cain lost his balance, hence injuring his knee. Huge Cain fan here , but all merits go to Francis. Who knows if he would have recovered had he had a good knee

Back