Ngannou VS Bones

thelovacluka

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Both seem like an unstoppable force in their divisions. Also, Jones already beat DC twice. Ngannou would be the ultimate challenge.

how do you guys see this fight unfold? Also , do you think it would be a good PPV sell?

Personally, I think it's 50:50. Jones would move good and after the first round his chances would be higher and higher. He would avoid punching range and keep it in kicking range, afterwards few TDs and TKO.

Unless he gets cought in the first or second round by a hammer.

If JBJ won't go up to fight a guy he "beat" twice, I doubt he will go up for Ngannou.

One thing people are not considering... Pico jones is a lean killing machine.. At HW we would probably get UBER jones. He will look how he looked when he suspended. There is no telling what type of destroying machine he would be at that weight. I think Francis gets finished on the ground in this match up.

Jones has a high fight IQ. He wouldn't rush in like a madman while Francis is still fresh like Cain did. He would stay at range and use that reach to try to score points with oblique kicks and shit while waiting for Francis to gas

That said i NGannou would certainly have a chance. He basically has a chance against anybody in the game early in the fight thanks to that crazy power. Would watch for sure

I'd also say Jones via highest fight IQ and tools to keep it or take it where he wants.

jones would lose his biggest advantages if he moves up to heavyweight. ngannou is a nightmare match up for jones imo. Hes like rumble 2.0. That being said Jones could probably beat em all. Ive always thought a guy like prime jds an Awesome in and out boxer with huge power and great tdd and was bigger and faster than jones is the guy who could beat em.

Jones aint gonna fight ngannou. Jones don't want none of that.

This could be the Bones/Rumble matchup we never got! I'm all for it!

Last edited:
He would stay at range and use that reach to try to score points with oblique kicks and shit while waiting for Francis to gas
What reach? Both fighters are 6'4 and Jones only has a 1.5 inch reach advantage on Ngannou.

It would be a massive ppv fight. And I would pay to watch. I think ngannou stomps Jones unless Jones turns into uberJones with a few extra picograms.

How is Ngannou an "unstoppable force" he just lost 2 before winning these 2. I also think Stipe could have finished the fight if he tried at all.

Jones has a high fight IQ. He wouldn't rush in like a madman while Francis is still fresh like Cain did. He would stay at range and use that reach to try to score points with oblique kicks and shit while waiting for Francis to gas

Jones cant stand in front Francis and trade kicks because reach of 83 in . Its simmilar to Jones reach of 84 in . Jones dont have advantage in that department. Its risky tactics.

Back