Nick Diaz: "If there was an offer I couldn't refuse, things would be different"

Verace

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
For some reason the post isnt showing up for me on the forum, but it is there on his account.

Dzsg4qVV4AAdWi1.jpg

Pay him dana, just to put an end to this.

But I have a feeling nick would ask for more every time until the ufc gets mad and cancels the negotiations.

Then the same thing would happen all over again a few months later. Its like we are stuck in an infinite loop.

Last edited:
does he even have any leverage nowadays?

Asking for a ridiculous amount of money isn't the same as fighting for what you're worth.

Only problem is they payed him to come out of Stockton to fight Anderson in what was supposed to be a super fight of sorts. That didn’t go well.

What objective evidence is there that Nick (or Nate) is *that* economically productive, outside of situations where he interacts with a proven PPV monster like GSP or Conor?

It seems like every week now Nick puts out the same message. If anything his stock value is falling. He'll never get the offer he wants. Which means he's done.

The guy clearly is done as a top fighter. You can’t party like he does and expect him to compete at the highest level. Let the guy be.

It seems like every week now Nick puts out the same message. If anything his stock value is falling. He'll never get the offer he wants. Which means he's done.
He’s begging for a job. Probably spent it all.

Only problem is they payed him to come out of Stockton to fight Anderson in what was supposed to be a super fight of sorts. That didn’t go well.
Silva vs diaz did 650k ppv buys it was good enough

Good for the Diaz bros. They have a way of making money outside of the cage, and they enjoy their lives not getting punched in the face. Clearly they dont NEED to fight so why do it? If he was desperate for money he would be taking fights for what they're offering. Clearly they dont need it, and they're not going to fight for less than they want. Cant hate on them for that.

Started watching this sport & became a fan for life after watching Diaz vs BJ Penn, but I think his ship has sailed unfortunately. He's not a big star anymore. Hell, the the new breed of fans see him as Nate's brother

How about josh neer for 10/10. If he loses he can sign with bellator and look like a big fish in a small pond again.

Dudes not even worth a 50/50 + 20k Reebok

Why people still interested in the Diaz brothers is something I’ll never understand

does he even have any leverage nowadays?

I'm sure they would be happy to get him back in there. However, he probably wants $1 million or so to fight anyone and they probably don't want to pay him whatever number he has in mind - or maybe it's just a constantly moving figure with him. Who knows? The man just wants to party.

Stop giving him attention, he is not relevant anymore that is why the shit he said is not getting posted earlier

I can't hate on Nick for this.

Across his career he has probably made the money in 1 or 2 fights, by holding out, that had he just caved to the UFC and took what they wanted to pay, would have taken him 10 or more fights to make. He has saved himself a lot of damage and made a lot more money. Seems smart to me for a guy who is laughed at as a dumb stoner by many.

Back