Ngannou next fight is

GetSmoked

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Cormier looks to be done with the light heavyweight division, and a back injury has kept him inactive a little longer than he planned. He wanted to make 2019 his final year competing, but well he has talked about altering that plan. In any case, Ngannou has done enough, it would seem, to warrant a title shot before Brock Lesnar, the man most thought Cormier would be facing next.

However, there is one guy who might have a legitimate beef if Ngannou gets a crack at the title before he gets another look at Cormier.

Stipe Miocic

125_Stipe_Miocic_vs_Francis_Ngannou.0.jpg

Despite a run as heavyweight champion that is the greatest reign in the division's history, Stipe Miocic hasn't been able to lock down a rematch with Cormier to get an opportunity to regain his title. Miocic grounded and defeated Ngannou in January 2018 when everyone thought he couldn't be beaten.

If Ngannou has truly rebuilt himself after two consecutive losses, perhaps he should avenge the defeat to Miocic before he gets to challenge for the title. While most are ready to see Ngannou fight for the belt, it's hard to argue with a Miocic-Ngannou rematch as a fair title-eliminator bout.

Stipe will still be so bitter about DC he will get KO'd by Ngannou this time. Then his salt levels will be that of Mark Hunto.

Stipe's a great fighter but the I'm going to sit out and wait for a title shot guys piss me off. Especially when you got ko'd your last fight.

That's a possibility. I think it's either going to be Stipe to try to avenge his loss , DC who will want to avenge Cain or if not them perhaps a rematch with Overeem who called him out and want to avenge his brutal KO

In any case just don't book a rematch vs Black Beast. It should be forbidden by law to even think about it

Ngannou should only fight 2 fights. Title fight against DC, OR Junior Dos Santos if JDS wins vs black beast.

Ngannou should only fight 2 fights. Title fight against DC, OR Junior Dos Santos if JDS wins vs black beast.

DC prefers Brock Lesnar first then Jon Jones super fight trilogy at HW.

Ngannou has evolved and improved a lot in his last two fights. He's most likely going to face Stipe and could possibly beat him in a rematch this time. JDS is out of his prime, he would lose against Derick Lewis.

Just imagine Ngannou avenging his two losses against Stipe and Derick Lewis? He'll resume his HW goat status.

Give Ngannou the next title shot. If Stipe just wants to bitch and complain about "deserving" a rematch on the sidelines, then fuck him. Give him the Colby treatment.

Since Stipe lost his last fight, I doubt that they will give him someone coming from a win. Pretty sure Stipe will fight Blaydes next. Ngannau will probably be fast tracked to a title shot because of the grudge match of DC avenging Cain

Stipe's a great fighter but the I'm going to sit out and wait for a title shot guys piss me off. Especially when you got ko'd your last fight.
I think his claim is legitimate. Most successful champ in org history, he feels the loss was a mistake... and while he won't say fluke, I believe he thinks there are enough question marks around the fight to justify a rematch.

This wasn't some one sided starching. I find it to be less decisive than JDS/Cain 1.

OT: Stipe would have fought Cain if Cain won, but he will not give Francis a rematch. Bank that one.

I think his claim is legitimate. Most successful champ in org history, he feels the loss was a mistake... and while he won't say fluke, I believe he thinks there are enough question marks around the fight to justify a rematch.

This wasn't some one sided starching. I find it to be less decisive than JDS/Cain 1.

Thats fine maybe he does have a legitimate claim. That doesn't mean it's going to happen. Winning a fight or two would only put more pressure on the Ufc to give him a rematch.

Thats fine maybe he does have a legitimate claim. That doesn't mean it's going to happen. Winning a fight or two would only put more pressure on the Ufc to give him a rematch.
I edited my last post but to be clear, Stipe is not going to grant Francis a rematch when he absolutely obliterated the guy one year ago and he's being denied his own rematch.

I edited my last post but to be clear, Stipe is not going to grant Francis a rematch when he absolutely obliterated the guy one year ago and he's being denied his own rematch.

Yet Dc should grant Stipe one when he actually finished Stipe less than a year ago?

Pot meet kettle

Yet Dc should grant Stipe one when he actually finished Stipe less than a year ago?

Pot meet kettle
One fight was extremely decisive with no question left by any person. The other was an ugly fight with multiple fouls committed by both parties and first round dirty boxing KO.

Also, one loser was the most successful and longest reigning champ in the weight class's history. The other was a guy.

The situation isn't even similar. Asking stipe to rematch Francis while he hasn't gotten his own is beyond disrespectful.

One fight was extremely decisive with no question left by any person. The other was an ugly fight with multiple fouls committed by both parties and first round dirty boxing KO.

Also, one loser was the most successful and longest reigning champ in the weight class's history. The other was a guy.

The situation isn't even similar. Asking stipe to rematch Francis while he hasn't gotten his own is beyond disrespectful.

I don't believe Stipe should fight Ngannou. I think Ngannou should fight the champ. Stipe can fight someone else or sit out some more. At this point most people don't care.

give him a rematch with Stipe and the winner fights Cormier (after he beats Brock)

dc should retire now while injured

Daniel Cormier · Net worth
$4 million USD
  • (2018)

Back