News Ngannou fought like a jackass when he went against Stipe

flowoftruth

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
He was winging shots like a madman from the word go and gassed himself out a few minutes in, then stipe quickly took over.

I see a lot of people mentioning this fight but if you break down the actual performance i don't know what it really tells us. All his camp were upset for the approach he took and even he mentioned about how he lost himself to the moment.

emlcr6uaokx11.gif

"Experience" most important aspect in damn near anything you'll ever do in life.

He was winging shots like a madman from the word go and gassed himself out a few minutes in, then stipe quickly took over.

I see a lot of people mentioning this fight but if you break down the actual performance i don't know what it really tells us. All his camp were upset for the approach he took and even he mentioned about how he lost himself to the moment.

emlcr6uaokx11.gif

Funny how the mind of an MMA fan works.

You do know that the HL of Ngannou's career, the Overeem KO, came by a HUGE winging shot that he literally brought up from the floor?

If Ngannou landed one of those winging shots in the GIF and KO'd Stipe, he'd be a genius and the best HW ever to you casuals. But because they missed, he fought like a "jackass".

All I see is great head movement from Stipe.

They all seem to conveniently forget that one.
Ngannou will now kill DC, just like Rumble did twice you'd assume.
Fighters are constantly improving and evolving , both in their skills and mindset. I don't understand this kind of thinking.
If Ngannou shows up, this big black guy is gonna be a problem for everybody

Ngannou is not well rounded. And if he doesn't work on those parts of his game, a high level fighter will expose them easily again.

Ngannou is not well rounded. And if he doesn't work on those parts of his game, a high level fighter will expose them easily again.
The most successful fighters tend to be those who excel in a certain area. People talk about how well rounded they are and go on to get styled on when they face a master whether it's in striking or grappling. Sure he has some things to work on defensively but he's working at them and i think he has a good mindset for what he wants to do .

lemme guess... back to the future is OP's favourite movie.

Yeah , no shit - as mmartist, that's what he knew and it got him a title shot and quick. He was green .... still is to a degree and it was the setback he needed to learn before now evolving .This is what happens when cream rises to the top. Everyone doesn't have a zero in loss column like Jones (not counting hamil dq) and bhibster. It continues to shock me with the lack of common sense, the MMA math and the referencing of fights that happened a long time ago that fans of this sport are becoming infamous for.

Back