Why is it still beyond most peoples thinking that age and injuries matter?

frye666

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Seriously. Half the boards on here prove it. Just from last nights fight. Cain is over rated and Ng is the best heavyweight right now. No and no. Same with Fedor or AS or crocop or a 100 other guys. Hell there are plenty of boards trying to prove prime isn't even a real thing.

It's one of the more idiotic stances that I see here commonly. Every other sports fans recognizes prime or peak very well, but MMA fans are mostly brain-dead morons who love drama and twitter more than martial arts or sport. The sad thing is half the time I can't tell if these people are trolling and playing dumb, or if they really are that stupid.

Seriously. Half the boards on here prove it. Just from last nights fight. Cain is over rated and Ng is the best heavyweight right now. No and no. Same with Fedor or AS or crocop or a 100 other guys. Hell there are plenty of boards trying to prove prime isn't even a real thing.
I'm not sure what point you're trying to make?

That part is true.

Cain is routinely in talks of GOAT at HW but he beat JDS twice (lost to him once), and who else?

Brock and old and shot Nog. You can try and make the argument he would have done more if he stayed healthy but that's all conjecture. Two great wins over the same guy he lost too isn't worth being put into GOAT contention, I'm sorry. I know you didnt make that claim but a lot of people do. He is overrated by a big group of people on the boards.

I agree it wasn't prime Cain in there last night and that Ngganou would more than likely lose to DC and Stipe (again).

The biggest problem (and this is fucking sad) is that the average fight fan lacks basic common sense .

Age vs mileage tends to be ignored on these boards, particularly by haters.

That part is true.

Cain is routinely in talks of GOAT at HW but he beat JDS twice (lost to him once), and who else?

Brock and old and shot Nog. You can try and make the argument he would have done more if he stayed healthy but that's all conjecture. Two great wins over the same guy he lost too isn't worth being put into GOAT contention, I'm sorry. I know you didnt make that claim but a lot of people do. He is overrated by a big group of people on the boards.

I agree it wasn't prime Cain in there last night and that Ngganou would more than likely lose to DC and Stipe (again).

Cain has never been in GOAT HW conversation. After JDS III, it looked like he could've went on a run that would put him in that convo, but there's no way his resume stacks up to guys like Stipe or Werdum, let alone Fedor or Nog.

Variables in a sea of variables. People that make everything a dichotomy are intellectually painful to have discussions with.

Most people are stupid.

/thread

Sherdog is now 13 year old WWE fans. So not just kiddies but redneck kiddies.

Prime is not a thing until you're out of it.

Some guys around here are just young and haven't developed carpal tunnel yet.

I would assume the majority of fans who go on mma sites are young which makes them invincible and all knowing from their perspective. There are a lot of trolls who just want to trigger people also.

I only come here for entertainment and would never actually take things said on here seriously.

Back