Ngannou would crush Jon Jones

Hornett

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
i’d actually laugh if Jones was dumb enough to sign a fight with Ngannou. Jones would have no answer for Ngannous power.

He would get brutally finished. DC has a better shot against Ngannou due to his pressure wrestling based style. Even then I think ngannou will eviserate Cormier.

Yep. Jon Jones is more suited for LHW, not enough thickness in that guy to give and take big HW shots. DC is much more suited than him for HW, despite being worse at LHW than Jones.

Yep hope he obliterates dc first like he did his boy Cain. Don’t want to see that belt held up by a scared slob who wants to pick his opponents.

i’d actually laugh if Jones was dumb enough to sign a fight with Ngannou. Jones would have no answer for Ngannous power.

He would get brutally finished. DC has a better shot against Ngannou due to his pressure wrestling based style. Even then I think ngannou will eviserate Cormier.

Ngannou is a poor man's Overeem. The dude isn't skilled enough to be the champion. He has a strong punchers chance against anyone in the world because of his power, but he will not be able to put together a nice undefeated streak against top fighters. He will win some, lose some. He will beat guys that people think he would lose to, and he will lose to guys people think he would beat, just like Overeem.

I don't think anyone 'crushes' Jones. Whatever your opinion is on the peds or on Ngannous skills Jones is still a very smart very capable fighter.

Ngannou is a poor man's Overeem. The dude isn't skilled enough to be the champion. He has a strong punchers chance against anyone in the world because of his power, but he will not be able to put together a nice undefeated streak against top fighters. He will win some, lose some. He will beat guys that people think he would lose to, and he will lose to guys people think he would beat, just like Overeem.
At heavyweight you don’t need to be the most skilled fighter to become champion.

We will see about that. Ngannou is his own man. He is not a poor mans Overeem

I don't think anyone 'crushes' Jones. Whatever your opinion is on the peds or on Ngannous skills Jones is still a very smart very capable fighter.
Pretty sure Ngannou could crush him with a devastating knockout. You would be foolish to think its not possible

He wouldn’t take that fight.

It’s too risky playing roulette with a guy like Francis.

Jones is more scared to fight clean than any fighter, he'll never fight HW let alone Ngannou lol

At heavyweight you don’t need to be the most skilled fighter to become champion.

We will see about that. Ngannou is his own man. He is not a poor mans Overeem

He is worse than Overeem. Overeem could take you down and sub you. Francis is just a guy with a hammer in his hands. And you're right, you don't need to be the most skilled to be champ at HW, that's why people respect Cain so much. He was a dominant HW because he was a lot more skilled than his opponents, not because he was enormous and had bricks for hands. That shit invokes respect. Having KO power? There has been many guys like that. Guys that KO a bunch of fighters and get super hyped because of that, but eventually their lack of skill ends up being exposed. Look at Rumble, for example. Hell, even Roy Nelson had his run.

Jon+Jones+Eye+Pokes+Glover+Teixeira+UFC+172.gif

<seedat>

Last edited:
Yep. Jon Jones is more suited for LHW, not enough thickness in that guy to give and take big HW shots. DC is much more suited than him for HW, despite being worse at LHW than Jones.

DC is more suited for Welterweight.
He's the same height as Lawler and GSP, yet he'd give up 3.5" reach advantage to GSP and he'd give 1.5" reach advantage to Lawler...

Like others have said, i don't think Jones would ever accept this fight, unfortunately.
But if he did, it'd be something to see. Either his fantastic arsenal of skills gets him a legacy cementing win, or he ends up being brutally smashed by Ngannou's sledgehammer fists!

Back