Why do they keep saying Cain is the best HW in UFC history?

Limit Smasher

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
That's completely retarded. The last ten years he's fought only a handful of times and three of them were brutal losses. Time to give up the ridiculousness.

At HW there is no GOAT that doesn't have a really flawed argument. Fedor hasn't been to the UFC and lost a bunch of times in his prime, Stipe got nuked by a LHW 5 inches shorter than him and Werdum and JDS lost a little too much. Randy was driven from the division twice. DC might be HW GOAT tbh.

HW sucks so the GOAT's goatness isn't going to be the same as the goatness of over goats.

But yeah this should drop Cain from the picture. He beat JDS twice but I think JDS has a better case than Cain.

At HW there is no GOAT that doesn't have a really flawed argument. Fedor hasn't been to the UFC and lost a bunch of times in his prime, Stipe got nuked by a LHW 5 inches shorter than him and Werdum and JDS lost a little too much. Randy was driven from the division twice. DC might be HW GOAT tbh.

HW sucks so the GOAT's goatness isn't going to be the same as the goatness of over goats.

But yeah this should drop Cain from the picture. He beat JDS twice but I think JDS has a better case than Cain.

Cain has lost a bunch of times in his prime too. That's his third loss in 17 fights.

DC is the HW GOAT. At least until Bones moves up. Cain had the potential but his injuries costed him any shot he had at it.

His mean face and square jaw are enough to convince casuals....

With all due respect to Cain he is not the HW GOAT, nor was he before the fight despite the loss.

More of a media hype job.

The best way to be remembered as the best fighter is to never fight.
Only fight when it's convenient for you, then people will start claiming you as the best.
Its totally ironic

Look at Rickson Gracie
He only fought a few times and then quit.
Now the media thinks he's a god.

I never understood why people kept saying that either. It was always based on hypothetical fights he COULD win. But unfortunately we can't rank fighters based on their "potential".

In reality, he's no where close to even be considered one of the greats.

Anik is that you?

STFU

Cain has lost a bunch of times in his prime too. That's his third loss in 17 fights.

Even before this he probably had the weakest case of the group. He still had one cause everyone had a few losses in their prime. Issue with him is he barely had any wins though.

DC is the HW GOAT. At least until Bones moves up. Cain had the potential but his injuries costed him any shot he had at it.

I'm obv not a DC fan because of what he did to the LHW division but I'm honestly one title defense away from agreeing with this message.

He had such unbelievable potential prior to getting injured so frequently!

I'd happily give him a 50/50 chance against a prime E-Fed even!

Yep, its a joke.

Hes a "what if" figher. He had the potential, but he never actually accomplished it.

They are talking like hes Anderson Silva or GSP, which he isn't.

Justin Eilers is the HW GOAT

qYD7p2.gif

34dljmb.gif

giphy.gif

RIP

Every time a guy wins a fight he becomes the best. Stipe was the best because he defended the belt three times

How come the best fighter ever is always fighting RIGHT NOW?

The best way to be remembered as the best fighter is to never fight.
Only fight when it's convenient for you, then people will start claiming you as the best.
Its totally ironic

Look at Rickson Gracie
He only fought a few times and then quit.
Now the media thinks he's a god.
Kinda nailed that perfectly with the Rickson comparison.

He's honestly what 12-0?
Imagine if he took the Sakuraba fight. We wouldnt mention him at all.

Back