Would Anthony Smith finishing Jon Jones's be one of the biggest upsets ever?

Combat Wombatt

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Smith's best wins are Volkan Oezdemir and Hector Lombard. He has victories over Shogun Rua and Rashad Evans but both of those men are far past their primes. Jones is a LHW who's defended his belt many times against elite competition and is considered by many to be a GOAT.

If the sun blew up tomorrow, would it suck?

Actually, Anthony Smith winning a UD against Jon Jones would be even more unexpected.

Jarl

I wouldn't be shocked bc he does have really big power

Jon is human......if jon fought a short wrestler w pillow fists?! And lost? that would be the biggest upset. This guy has power

Smith's best wins are Volkan Oezdemir and Hector Lombard. He has victories over Shogun Rua and Rashad Evans but both of those men are far past their primes. Jones is a LHW who's defended his belt many times against elite competition and is considered by many to be a GOAT.

No. Because Anthony Smith got knock out powers. Personally, I think it isn't.

Jones is the greatest talent fighter i've seen but i just don't feel that way. I don't see Jones losing though.

They both beat former UFC Champs Shogun and Rashad. It's a pick 'em fight.

giphy.gif

You knew the answer before making this thread

<{walkerwhut}>

It'd be bigger than Serra making GSP tap to strikes, and bigger than Dillashaw TKOing Barao when they first met.

Everyone at least knew Serra and Dillashaw were very good and trained at world class MMA gyms. Anthony Smith just doesn't seem very good compared to the LHW division at any point in time.

Anthony Smith winning a lopsided decision would be even more crazy.

A haymaker landing is always a possibility.

I really don’t think it would be the biggest upset.

Smith has nothing to lose besides consciousness. He is such an underdog, he knows this will be his only title shot...nothing to lose by going out there and throwing everything including the kitchen sink.

Smith by round 4 stoppage.

2nd behind GSP/Serra

GSP/Serra is higher for me purely because Serra was a BJJ guy, Smith at least has heavy hands

Back