Contender Series fighters seem to lose a lot

TGArthur

You can't lose if you win the fight.
@Steel
Reaction score
Maybe it just seems like it to me, but every time they mention them, they don't seem to be that good and lose their fights.

They aren’t proven fighters. Most of them are just the guys who get a flashy showboaty win.
In reality most of these guys are amateur level fighters who get to the “UFC level” wayyy to early

Hell most TUF winners have more fights in house than these guy do in their careers
<{cruzshake}>

Contender series is just a way to mass sign prospects, just like TUF. I don’t necessarily have a problem with it. Just like with TUF, at least one solid fighter will be produced from each season. Terrible TUF 13 gave us Tony Ferguson.

Maybe it just seems like it to me, but every time they mention them, they don't seem to be that good and lose their fights.
Well if you got your break in the contender series, you have been in the UFC less than a year?

I would expect almost all of them to struggle the first year and half or more gone in 2-3 years.

I thought it was called "dancing with the stars". -rashad evans

Contender series guys just seem to be cannon fodder and not fighters the UFC want to build up...Suga Show is the exception

Back